One.

Chapter 1- Graduation

Picture- Charlie/Charlotte's dress

-The Author

-----

"Congratulations graduating class of 2014!" The principal yells into the microphone. We all throw our caps into the air and hug the people around us. I happen to be next to one of my best friends, Nicole. It's finally our graduation, the day we waited for for eighteen years.

But of course, me being me stayed up until six am watching non stop movies with my best friends, Nicole and Leah. We are all incredibly tired and feel like we could fall over any second. The fact that we are wearing five inch heels doesn't help either. It's not that I particularly need the height, I'm five foot seven, I just feel like it's more of an important event in heels.

But, all of the tiredness I felt before, almost falling asleep during our principals speech, almost falling asleep during the valedictorian speech, falling asleep until they called my name. All of that is gone as I realize that I am free, I'm moving out, flying across the country, and being with my best friends since elementary forever.

Did I not mention Nicole, Leah, and I will be moving to L.A. in a week? Oh, well we are. This has been our dream since freshman year of high school, to get out of this boring town I call Fairfield, Iowa and living somewhere that worth living in.

Nicole and I over to Leah and we all scream like a bunch of twelve year olds meeting Harry Styles.

"I can't believe this! Finally, we are free!" Leah says throwing her head back and laughing. Not at amusement, at happiness over the thought that our dream was coming true. "This is actually happening!" She grabs one of our hands in each of hers and just smiles. All of the other people around us, may be giving us stares, or laughing, but we don't care, this is our dream, and they can't crush us because we will almost never see them again.

Our parents come over to our little huddle we have ending our happiness realizing that we have to leave them.

"Our little girls have grown up." My mom says wiping a tear away from her eye. I go up and hug her,

"Don't cry Mom!" No matter what happens, in her eyes, I will always be Mama's little girl. I hate seeing her cry, I feel tears running down my cheeks, today was a good day for waterproof makeup!

"Oh, but now you going away and I just-" I cut her off, I cant hear this without turning into a crying mess in the middle of my graduation.

"I will visit anytime I can, Christmas, Thanksgiving, your birthday, weddings, anytime you need, I'll be there!" I say grabbing ahold of her shoulders and looking her straight in the eye. She nods and wipes another tear away. I wrap my arms around her again and pull her into a tight hug.

Behind me I see Nicole and Leah hugging their families, and I see the rest of mine behind me. "I think I should say hi to everyone else now." I whisper to my Mom, she nods and I let go, walking over to the rest of my family.

I hug each and everyone of of them. Everyone is here both grandpas, my grandma, aunt, uncles, my triplet cousins, the rest of my cousins, my dad, step-dad, my two stepsisters, and I couldn't be happier.

We have the after party in about two hours, so all three families are going out to dinner. Then, the graduates will head out to the party.

After talking to all of our friends, we all head out to the 10 cars in the parking lot. Yes, we need ten cars.

I get in the car with Nicole, Leah, and all three of our moms, plus my two stepsisters.

It's really crowded.

Although, somehow, in the very back seat, the three of us manage to get our gowns off, revealing our dresses. Mine is a floor length silver gown with a sparkly bodice. Nicole's is a simple orange, sleeveless, floor length dress. And Leah's is a beautiful navy blue and white ombré floor length, strapless dress.

We all take off our heels in the car. There is about a fifteen minute drive to the restaurant and the three of us girls chat in the back as the moms and my sisters talk in the front two rows.

"We have to pack tonight! We have to video chat each other and we can go through our stuff and decide what to throw out and what to take with us!" Leah says excitedly.

"Yeah" I have clothes form when I was thirteen in there, time to go through the closet." I say laughing. "Oh! And when should we book out flights for?"

"Umm... So it's Saturday now. Next Sunday?" Nicole asks us and our moms.

"Okay, but you three have to spend every day with us until then!" Nicole's mom says laughing, but we can tell that she isn't kidding.

The party is just for the graduates, but it isn't a fancy "let's pretend like we are officially grow ups now" party.

Nope. It's the classic teenage party. With alcohol, drugs, and no empty bedrooms.

We see the restaurant with big fancy letters across the top and we pull in.

--------

"Okay, let's get ready for as party!" Leah says. Everyone is at my house and we are putting on the outfits that we laid out before we left for graduation.

My outfit is more me, not some sparkly girly dress. It's black jean shorts with fishnets underneath, black combat books, and a dark red tank top that says 'F*ck Diets!" My dirty blonde hair is straightened and my makeup consists of heavy eye liner, gold eyeshadow, and a lipstick that matches the color of my shirt.

You can see my tattoos scattered across my body. Nothing too big. I have a rose on the back of my shoulder (for my middle name), 'believe' on one finger, a cross on another, and quotation marks on both of my wrists. Just some little things. They are all small, but all mean something to me.

My parents don't really mind the tattoos, they know that I can choose what I want to do, and that I'm not doing for some silly reason. They are not super strict with me. They're the kind of parents where if you went out partying, would leave aspirin and a water bottle by your bedside table.

"You ready?" I ask Leah and Nicole.

Nicole is wearing her classic bright colors and easy to take off clothes, a pink dress with a black belt across the middle and black and pink striped flats. Leah is wear something more like my style than Nicole's a black mid-thigh length lace dress, with fishnets and black combat boots.

They nod. "Let's go!"

We head outside, but don't get into a car. We know that's we will be drunk and don't want to take the chance of anyone driving.

We call a taxi and head over to the party.