Short 1

"Help." Lloyd halted the bike and swung to the side. The ninja dashed into the alley, the others en route.

"We're here!" The figure broke into a smile, clutching Lloyd by the arm. Lloyd switched to a sincere look, ignoring the numerous injuries and wounds. The figure wasn't going to make it out alive.

This idea must have hit the figure as tears crossed his eyes. When Cole and Nya appeared, Nya held out first aid. Kai and Jay stunted their surprise. Nausea crossed Jay's face.

"Here, let me help you." Everyone knew the effort was futile, but it was comforting. Eased by the care, the figure scooted over to die in her lap when a blade dug into his foot. The ninja jumped back, placed on guard. The figure on the other hand welled up in tears.

"No." The ninja watched as he was pulled into the darkness of an alleyway. Kai shuddered, the others doing their best to hide the feeling.

"What, happened to him?" Cole's voice wavered. The darkness coated the perpetrator, and the ninja had no clue who they were up against. Kai lit a flame in one of his palms and looked to Lloyd.

"Good luck." He gulped, punching Lloyd in the shoulder, prodding the leader to go first.  Lloyd, already used to a grueling scene, hid his emotions. Bringing a green flame to hand, his muffled steps led the way.

One. Two. Three. Four. Lloyd counted his steps, thunder rumbling overhead. Rain began to drizzle upon the ninja as they ventured further into the grave.

Lloyd focused straight ahead. As time grew by, more blood accumulated on the sides. A shriek erupted in the back, Jay appalled by the sight of bodies. Nya let the ninja hug her, she too seeking a friend.

Cole, one of the eldest members of the team walked forth. He closed his eyes, imagining their last moments and shuddered.

"They aren't dead." Kai squat and monitored a pulse. Violence wasn't a new topic to the ninja. It was terrifying, but such scenes were in their line of work.

"Nice day for a walk in the alleys, huh?" Jay snug behind Nya, cracking a joke. The note left by Kai gave a breath of relief. At least the victims could go to the hospital.

Another cry interrupted their walk, causing the five ninja to stop. Rain pitter pattered, but anyone could hear the crying pain. The five ninja reached for weapons, ready to retaliate for the good of Ninjago. Kai hitched his breath, hearing a body slump to the floor.

The perpetrator went still, hearing the newcomers. The ninja silenced each other. There was no way the person could escape. There was only one way in.

And one way out.

Blue eyes burned into them, and lightning flashed above. Though the light was brief, every ninja knew exactly who it was.

"Z-Zane?" Their remaining team mate didn't reply. The ninja had burned his disguise in mind, first known as an enemy, now as a friend.

The pair of eyes blinked, the area becoming dark. When the blue resumed its gaze, it squinted.

"What are you doing here?" No clear emotion rang in his tone. The ninja saw his efforts. He felt confused, ashamed, and hid the blood lust in his voice.

Jay clutched his stomach, food threatening to go up the wrong way. Cole sighed, preparing to call the hospital to retrieve the poor souls.

"We were headed back home when we heard a cry for help." The unmistakable sound of metal penetrating in flesh hit the team. Lloyd kept his cool, the others doing the same. Jay bent into the gutter and vomited. The remaining four members shared the same relief. They were glad it was dark. They didn't have to witness what he was doing.