Chapter 15

Kris

It was driving me crazy. I was going mad. The concert was starting in less than 5 minutes and all I could think was of Hannah with another man. I wanted to punch someone, I wanted to scream.

More than anything I wanted her to be safe, I didn't want any other man to hurt her. Also, I was thinking about the way I reacted when she told me she was going on a date, I looked like an idiot, it was so obvious that I was affected by this. And we haven't really talked about it, about us, I didn't even know what this was, I mean we talked every day and it's for sure that I care for her, but I didn't even know if I wanted something with her, I just knew that this thing that I was feeling was new, I had never in my life felt anything like this for anyone, I had never been jealous. With Katherine I was never jealous, and we did had an open relationship, she knew I wasn't faithful to her, and it was both ways. I never felt anything like this for her, not even a bit.

At the show, I couldn't stop thinking about this, about Hannah, was she having a good time?, was she having sex with him? Oh god that thought made me want to puke.
And suddenly I woke up from my thoughts because everyone in the audience went silent, I turned to look to Jace, and he whispered to me
"just go on!  Keep going" and then I realized I made a mistake in the song I was singing, I sang the lyrics from another song. And all the public was in shock, I froze and then apologized for my mistake and kept going with the show. I was so embarrassed.

By the time it ended I went straight to my dressing room with an arrogant walk I slammed the door and sat on the chair in front of the mirror, I put my elbows In the table and my head in my hands. I had never screwed up like this, I knew my lyrics from head to toes, I had done this show over a houndread times, it was part of me. What the fuck was wrong with me. I heard a strong knock on the door
"Kris, can I come in?" Ryce asked through the other side of the door, I didn't answer and he walked in, he was going to kill me. When I saw his face I knew he was pissed.
"What was that men? You have never done that in over 20 years the I've met you, you don't know all the things I have to fix now" he was giving me shit, he got his phone out of his pocket and showed me a video in youtube, it was me, the mistake "it has over a million views now!!!!!!" he yelled "everyone will make fun of you! Of the band! You're gonna be in every show! In every magazine! You messed up bad" he was furious, he turned around and then left, he left the door open, and Billy came in, he was standing in the back while Ryce yelled at me.
"Man, you've seen the videos?, they've already made a remix, wanna see it?" Billy laughed and showed me his phone, I knew he wasn't upset about what I did, everyone have had mistakes in the past, but I didn't needed this from him.
"Get the fuck out Billy" I told him without looking at him.
"Come on Kris, we've all been there, I mean, not like this, you really messed up, but it's not a big deal, tomorrow no one will remember, well maybe not tomorrow but next month" he said laughing . I couldn't stand his jokes right now, I was so angry with myself. I stood up and gave him a straight punch in the jaw "get the fuck out, I won't say it again" he put his hand where I hit him and look at me so angry. I knew he wanted to punch me back, but then Ryce grabbed his arm and told him calmly "come on man, lets just go" they left and closed the door.

what have I just done, I had never punch one of my bandmates before, I had never punched Billy. I needed this day to be over. I went straight to my hotel and skipped the press conference. Everyone was going to ask me questions about my screw up and I couldn't handle it right now, I needed to get my shit together.
My phone kept buzzing, I had missed calls from Ryce, my mom, I bet she saw my mistake, and a few texts from Hannah.

H: hey are you awake
H: ????
When I was Reading I Immediately received another one
H: I know you're there
H: please answer me