Prologue

"Francis, it's just not going to work out..."

"What do you mean? We've been working out for the past 4 years! You can't do this, Arthur..."

"I'm sorry, but we need to—"

- 3 months prior -

Arthur, a stern, choleric young man and Francis, a happy-go-lucky, passionate individual both shared something desired by many, a happily married life together.
These two have been together for over 4 years, living in a small apartment in Paris.
Their 5 year anniversary was coming up so the two were very excited.
They marked their calendars for April 8th, the day they tied knots and became joyfully wedded.

Francis leaned against the balcony rail, letting the Paris wind tangle his hair, "Can't you believe it mon cher? We've been together for nearly 5 years!" He said as he glanced down at Arthur, sitting on a chair reading a novel.

He looked up at Francis and adjusted his reading glasses, "I surely can't believe it, where has the time gone! I can still remember the first time I met you. Oh, how memorable that day was," he replied with a chuckle. Arthur then resumed reading his novel.

"I cannot wait until we can move out of this place, it really is not a suitable place for children. Don't you agree?"

"Are you implying that we will have children?"

"Why of course! Haven't we talked about this before? We've been together for so long Arthur..." Francis said with a disappointed look on his face.

Arthur snaps out of his trance and focuses back on what Francis was saying, "Oh, sorry Francis, I just blanked out for a second when replying to you. But yes, I remember us talking about that."

"Ah c'est bon! I cannot wait to have a child with you. We will raise le bébé so flawlessly, and give it so much love. Je puis pas attend!"

France walked back into the apartment and took a seat on the ledge of the bed.

"Come on now Arthur, its getting late. You'll strain your eyes if you read anymore," Francis called out as he patted the bed.

"Alright I'm coming, give me a second," Arthur replied, rushing to finish the chapter he was on.

Francis finally lays down on their bed and gets cozy, waiting for his significant other to join him in bed.
As Arthur finished the chapter, he set his novel down on a coffee table and walked back into the apartment, shutting the sliding door behind him and closing the curtains. He then took off his glasses and set them on the nightstand next to the bed.
Arthur crawled into bed, laying snug next to Francis.
"It's a cold night, isn't it?" Arthur whispered to Francis.

"Tres froid," Francis whispered back.

"I'm glad I have you to keep me warm," Arthur said as he moved closer towards Francis.
Francis grabbed a hold on Arthur tightly to ensure he was comfortable that night.

"Goodnight, my love."

"Bon nuit, mon lapin. Dors bien"

The two slept soundly throughout the night.