1🖤

I stand in the middle of the royal courtyard waiting for my death to come. It's a beautiful afternoon. The sky is cloudy with an orange color. My white dress is blown by the wind as I wait. Eventually the huge doors that protect the palace open slowly with the sound of them sending shivers to my body.

A figure approaches and I know it's my brother. The great warrior of the kingdom comes forward. Surrenders for a crime he didn't commit.

The first thing he sees is the king some meters behind me. His eyes gradually focus on me and his chin trembled.

He comes closer to me staring blankly in disbelief. "Lalisa." He mumbles under his breath. The king promised him he would protect me. I am his queen after all but..

"It was my choice brother." I force a gentle smile to my lips and he falls to his knees crying out.

A tear is forming in my eyes but I will not let it fall. My brother looks up to the king. "Kim Taehyung!" He screams furiously. His voice cause some birds to fly away from the scene but I don't know if it scared the king. I keep looking forward. I won't look back at him.

I hear a certain sound and the next thing I know is an arrow has hit me from behind. The white dress of mine turns red and I fall down to the cold floor.

I hear my brother scream more as the pain in my chest captivates me. I can't hear anything anymore. I eventually look up to the king. He killed me after all. I just want to see his face. Is he smiling capriciously? Or is he crying after killing his queen? In the end.. all I see is his back while he leaves taking powerful strides to go inside the palace. My eyelids feel heavy and I know my life is about to end. I will never see King Taehyung again.