New Job

"Wake up, wake up!!!" My roommate Mackenzie said on my bed, slapping my face. What a great way to wake up on the morning.

"We're more than 300$ off of our rent here! We need to get a job! I was checking the newspaper this morning, which I rarely do, but it delivered to our apartment! The pizzeria that we went to as kids has an opening! Isn't that the best idea in the history of the world!?" Mackie said in my face.

"What?" I said. "A job?"

"Yes! A job! For Nightguard! It's SOOO easy! Just sit there and check cameras! Come on! Let's get it! Even though it's 120$ per person, all of us can get the job at the same time, and if we all get paid by the end of the week, we'll keep our apartment! It'll be fun! We'd even have enough to go shopping after!" She said. She CLEARLY had way too much sugar-coated cereal.

"Okay. Just CALM DOWN." When I looked at her, she definitely couldn't. "Ugh. Just go wake up Chris."

"Okay!" She said and ran out of my room.

A few minutes later, Chris, Mackie, and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating toast, bacon, and Cheerios.

After breakfast, I went into my room.

Our apartment is, when you walk in, is the kitchen and living room with a big, open window. If you turn the corner, is a closet where our washing and dryer machine is, extra coats, and shoes. Keep walking down the hall and you find our 3 bedroom and one bathroom. The other bathroom is at the corner in the living room.

When I was in my room, I opened my curtains, made my bed, and chose my interview clothes carefully:
Brown leather jacket, pale peach t-shirt with "Are you ready for Freddy?" on it, light blue jeans, and combat boots. I put my curly hair into braid, put on mascara and lipgloss, and walked out of my room.

Mackenzie was in the living room feeding her guinea pig named Gerbil. She was dressed in jeans with sparkles on it, a shirt that says "Pizza?" With a picture of Chica on it, black flats, her hair up in a bun, and I tossed her a black leather vest that goes with her outfit.

Chris was in the living room, at the mirror, fixing his bow tie. He was wearing a grey cardigan, a black bow tie, nice pants, a white t-shirt that says "Bonnie is my Bae", and his thick hipster glasses. His mini-fro was the same as always, and he looked excited for his job.

I went to the table for our resumes, because we got them ready yesterday in case we went out for a job, and went to the door.

"Let's leave. It's 12 o' clock. It's open." I say turning around.

"Ok, let's go. I'm ready." Mackie said.

"You drive?" Chris asked.

"Sure." I say. I have a Volkswagen Bug. Mackie and Chris always punch each other when we approach it.

"I call shot-gun!" Chris says and runs into the car.

It's October, and Chris is 19 and Mackie and I are 18. Mackie and I are Summer Babies.

As we drive to Freddy's, I anticipate my conversation with the manger. Maybe he's old. Maybe he's a she!
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>
"Hi. I'm Cierra."
"I'm Chris."
"I'm Mackenzie."

"Hello. I'm Sara." The manager said.

"Hello." We said in unison.

"Do you have any experience?" Sara asked.

"No, not really." Chris said. "Well, I'm good at playing video games."

"Hm." She said, looked down, and frowned. "Can you stay up late?"

"Oh, yes! I've once stayed up for 3 whole days without sleeping!" Mackie said enthusiastically.

"Okay. I see." She said.

"So... We can do a whole week, but we need our pay, each, so we can we all do our shifts together?" I ask.

"Hm. If you get the job." She said.

"Yes. If." I said. Then there was an awkward silence.

"Well. You're hired. You start tonight. Let me tell you a few rules here at Freddy's:
-You must not skip a day or we'll sue you for all you got.
-You must not harm the animatronics, or you'll be fired and sued for damage to property.
-If you report us to the police, we'll sue you for everything you got.
-If you quit we'll sue you for everything you got.
-If one of you die or get hurt and press charges, we'll sue you.
-You've been warned, so these will all take place.
Remember: $120 dollars for a week, so that's $360 for all of you. Well. Start tonight. Well, technically tomorrow, for it's at 12am. Please sign here." We sign absentmindedly.

"You will get a tour from us now, and here's your uniform." She throws us a dark green shirt with the emblem of the restaurant on the breast pocket.

We sit in stunned silence as Chris and I catch our uniforms, but Mackie's just hits her face and flops into her lap with her mouth open.

"Well, off to the tour." Sara says and gets up and out of the office, leaving us to eventually follow her, as we sit there thinking as to what we have done.