Untitled Part 1

You watched as Levi swung gracefully through the air despite being covered in titan blood, only for the wires of his ODM gear to be yanked by greedy hands, rendering helpless. You were too far to reach him. Your ziplined through the trees, screaming for his name. No matter how fast you flew, you weren't fast enough. Multiple sets of hands fought over Levi, tear him limb from limb. His cries were mixed with yours as you screamed for him. Having reached him just as his eyes made contact with yours before the rest of his body became titan food.

"NOOO! LEVI!" Your blood curdling scream echoed throughout the forest, and the chill of the room where your nightmare took place. Everyone, particularly in the Survey Corps have seen horrors to the extreme, and because of that, each cadet suffers with nightmares where it has them screaming out into the night. There's no judgement or annoyance from those who share a room. It's probably best that they did since it allows them to have someone there to comfort them.

Despite taking up quarters in a building that had more than enough rooms to spare, some cadets still preferred to bunk with each other. You preferred to have a room to yourself if it was available. A lot of it had to do with the fact that you and Levi had grown closer and late-night visits became a thing. Particularly after a brutal mission that, not only left you a complete mess, but would have some sort of impact on Levi where his usual coping method of secluding himself to his room didn't work.

Your room was never too far from where his office is. The man barely slept and would often spend the majority of his night catching up on paperwork, or making himself a cup of tea. Any small amount of sleep he did get, it was mostly just him nodding off in his chair, having not realized that sleep had overcome him.

Despite how late it was, it was still early in the night for Levi. His night went as per normal. Always staying up until the last member of his squad retired for the night. He may look like a ruthless asshole to nearly everybody else, but he's not so bad once you get to know him. He's strict, and firm, with certain things. But he'll always join his comrades for meals, he'll always sit and have a cup of tea with them, talk to them. He's really not that bad.

He made another cup of tea and took it up to his office where a small pile of paperwork was waiting for him. Tch. He wasn't a huge fan of paperwork. Particularly the reports that had to be completed from unsuccessful commissions; the field report that required details of what happened, what went wrong. There was the death reports of all the soldiers that had died and Levi had to sign off on it before sending letters to the families. He'd much prefer Erwin do this part of the job since he's the Commander, but Levi doesn't quite trust the man to do it with the weight of the burden he ought to rightfully carry. For Levi, he felt it's the least he could do for those who gave their lives to save humanity.

Luckily tonight wasn't one of those nights where it was a haunting and grim reminder of what would have occurred only hours before. Rather, the paperwork was dull and boring. Of course, he'd much rather that than the alternative.
Cup and saucer gently placed on his desk, he sat down and glared at the pile of paperwork before deciding to procrastinate just a little bit more by taking his first sip of his tea, choosing to relish in the liquid for just another moment longer.

An hour or so went by and he had finally signed off on the last piece of paper. How the hell he got through reading Hanji's report without the need to stab himself in the eyes with his pen is beyond him. Slamming the piece of paper down on the top of the small pile of papers, he stood up from his chair and pulled the pile to him, tapping them into a neat pile before placing them in a manila file, ready to be sent back to Erwin in the morning.

It's probably past midnight by now... the moon shone brightly, helping to illuminate the dimly lit room further. The night sky littered with stars ... and not a cloud in sight, Levi's come to notice as his footsteps took him to stand by the window and gaze out. It was a summer's evening but there seemed to be a slight breeze in the air as the silhouette of the tree leaves could be seen swaying slightly.