Devoured By the Darkness

He Ate My Heart- Chapter 2

RECAP:

And when I looked up, the last thing I saw were the gleaming midnight eyes of the stranger, filled with amusement and lust in the bright full moon, looking at me like his new prey. I ran with every last breath I had and the weird thing was... I didn't want to.

Christiana's POV

I was only a few blocks away from my apartment, and I wasn't going to dare look back. My legs were aching to take a break and my lungs were begging for air. I saw my apartment up ahead and picked up my pace. As soon as I entered the lobby, I looked out the glass walls and saw nothing but the dark scenery like every other night. I bent down in relief, then opened the door with my keys and walked to the elevator. I pressed the 6th floor and slumped against the elevator wall, closing my eyes. I saw those same midnight black eyes, looking at me. The elevator beeped telling me I was on my floor, so I trudged to the door and opened the door. And as soon as I opened the door, I was attacked by somebody.

"Who are you?!" a voice demanded, which I recognized was Isabelle.

She realized that it was me and attacked me with a bear hug, "Where have you been?"

"Can't..." I managed to breath out.

She immediately retracted her arms, "I called you, and you didn't pick up?"

Yeah. Because of you, I'm that stranger's next meal. But of course, I never said that. "Sorry, I was really tired so I walked a bit slower than usual."

"Still! You know how dangerous it is outside?!" she scolded.

For her size, she sure acted like a mother. She had beautiful red dyed hair with beautiful brown eyes. She had the perfect figure, except for her shortness but it suited her well and made her look adorable. If you had her smile and laughter, boys would be falling to your feet and she actually gets a lot of guys. And she was a talker alright, she could speak to you for hours without her little chatter-box running out of batteries. She was really sweet and nice to everyone but if you got on her bad side, she would kick your ass and feed you to the wolves, especially those close to her. Despite her small size, she was brave. You could tell her to go in the dark woods and stay there for an hour and she'd come back with a pet squirrel following behind her! I swear, she would be the death of me but I love her to pieces.

"Chrisa?" she asked, her face concerned.

"Sorry... I promise I won't do it again. Just get off of me," I said.

Like I said, she was small but damn she weighed as much as a cow and she eats like it, too. But size is a big misunderstanding, especially for people like Isabelle.

She got off me as I got up and patted my already sore back and butt for any dust. We entered the medium sized apartment. We met when she put a sign in the newspaper for a free room and I'm glad we meet because we've been best friends since.

I'm an orphan so I have no family and started working at the age of 14 so I could support myself when I got out the orphanage. The lady that took me in was the most beautiful person inside and out, her name was Angel and it suited her well. She took care of all the children she got, but she was really close to me. She would help me with any problems I had throughout my whole life like boys, schoolwork, and all those things you'd talk about your mom. She really was the kindest person you'd ever known. Her husband died from cancer and her first child was miscarried and was devastated when she heard of the news with the death if her husband a few weeks before that. She always wanted her own little creation. To be God for a moment and give life to her own little one but her dreams were crushed on that day she got her miscarriage. My heart broke for the poor woman but she would never show others her pain, she would only cure others pain but deep down I knew she was still freshly scarred. I visited her quite often, played with the children and always donated to that orphanage even though she said it wasn't necessary. But I would do it from the kindness and love of my heart. I would be with her until the end and support her as much as I possibly could. I loved her like a daughter would love her mother maybe an even more bond than that.