Yellow Submarine.

So you see. Sitting here in the hospital, looking at the boy that use to look so healthy but now so dead is heartbreaking. We use to be there for each other but now he has IVs and plugs everywhere in. He had an overdose but he promised it'd never get them bad. But it sat there weighing heavy on his shoulders. I'm wearing some dumb outfit because I was out with friends when I got a call from him. He sounded off. All he said was thank you. And It was like everything stopped around me.

~ 6 Years Ago. ~

Here I stand

Here I stand. At this stupid school dance, wearing my Easter Sunday dress. We didn't have much money but that didn't stop my parents from urging me to go do this and that. I didn't want to really. I'm stood in the group with all of the geeky kids and hipsters who wanna be artists from my after school club. Arts Elite. I opted just to put my hair back from its curly mess. I look up to see Nic Sheff walk in. One of my very good friends who I've known way too long in my life with Cecilia. I guess they are talking about tonight.

I've been on a writers block recently, well a drawing block? Would that be what it's called? I don't know but Nic is wearing a tux. My back pack is already in the trunk of Ceces car. He looks up at me and smiles at me without teeth. I wave and then flip him off. It's a casual one which causes him to laugh from his movements. Cece looks to me and makes a face which I can only guess is a 'let's get the fuck out of here look.' I awkwardly slide through the group of people and make my way to them. "Shall we go." I say flatly and Nic puts his hands in his pocket. "Well you were too busy standing with the nerds Olivia Valor." I look to him and flare my nostrils slightly. "Says the one who writes poetry." I smile without teeth and he holds his hands up.

We walk to the car and I get in the back while Cece and Nic are up front. I think they secretly like each other honestly. It's kinda a given the way he looks at her. I bite at my cheek and sigh quietly to myself. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like Nic myself. I always have. Since the moment we met. We were kids, yeah, so it might've been a school girl crush. But now it's something more. We are just rude to each other but we don't mean it.

We arrive at her house and immediately go through the back door. She had a door beside it that lead down to the basement that was actually really nice. A lot of people don't have finished basements but this one is. We had grabbed our stuff out of the car. I step into her room because that's where it is. In the basement. I change into yellow submarine pajama bottoms and a tank top with some fuzzy socks. She keeps it cold.

I make my way out and Nic is already in a striped long sleeve tee and some sweats. I take a seat on the carpeted floor and start taking my drawing journal out, laying it down with a pencil case. Cece comes out in silk pajamas. For a girly girl she sure does have a different side of her. "The Beatles." Nic points out on my pants. "They were high majority of the time." I chuckle slightly. "I know this. But they do have good music." I nod and he agrees. Cece pulls out a bag of mushrooms. "Okay. Be ready to have your mind blown." Cece states and then opens the bag. "Take a few and chew and swallow." And so we do. It actually tastes very horrible. I make a face while chewing and quickly swallow and sit there for a moment.