Prologue

This is the story of how I died.

But don't worry, this is a fun story, and the truth is, it isn't even mine. This is the story of a boy named Bede.

And it starts with a bouquet fairy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once upon a time, a powerful Florges died to protect her loved ones, buried by her family on a secluded hill once they were safe. And from her grave grew a magic pink rose. It had the ability to heal the sick and injured.

"Can it be...?"

Oh, you see that old man over there? You might wanna remember him. He's kind of important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Centuries passed and a hop, skip and a boat ride away there grew a kingdom. The kingdom was ruled by a beloved old queen. And the queen had adopted a future heir.

But the child got sick. Really sick.

He was running out of time, and that's when people start to look for a miracle.

Or, in this case, a magic pink rose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah! I told you he'd be important!

Instead of sharing the fae's flower gift, this man, Father Rose, hoarded its healing power and used it to keep himself young for hundreds of years. And all he had to do was sing a special song.

"Flower, gleam and glow. Let your powers shine. Make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine."

You get the gist. He sings to it, he turns young. Creepy, right?

Unfortunately for him, he didn't hide that flower well enough from the guards this time as retreated at the sound of voices.

"There it is! We found it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The magic of the pink rose healed the baby.

A healthy baby boy, a prince was adopted, with beautiful white hair and newly grown vines wrapped around his wrist.

I'll give you a hint, that's Bede.

To celebrate his adoption, the queen sent a Volbeat and his Illumise lover into the sky. And for that one moment, everything was perfect.

And then that moment ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A hooded figure had found his way into the castle, sneaking his way inside little Bede's room. Do I have to say who at this point?

"Flower, gleam and glow..."

One important thing to note, Bede's vines and slightly his body glowed. No, I'm not joking, he glowed a soft pink as Father Rose sang the flower's song.

"Let your power shine. Make the clock re-"

Unfortunately for Rose, his attempt to cut a piece of Bede's vines for himself failed. The plant lost its glow and turned a dark brown, shriveling up under the others. There was only one solution to this.

In short, Rose broke into the castle, stole the child, and just like that, gone!

The kingdom was searched and searched, but they could not find the prince. For deep within the forest, in a hidden tower, Rose raised the child on his own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"-Save what has been lost, bring back what once was mine. What once was mine."

Once he taught the pale prince how to sing, Rose had found his new magic flower, but this time, he was determined to keep it hidden.

"Why can't I go outside?"

"The outside world is a dangerous place, filled with horrible, selfish people. You must stay here, where you're safe. Do you understand, flower?"

"Yes, Daddy."

But the walls of that tower could not hide everything.

Each year, on Bede's birthday, the queen released thousands of Volbeats and Illumise into the sky in hope that one day her lost prince would return. Bede had loved to watch their lights dance in the night sky, dreaming of the day he'll see them up close, no longer from his tower window.

And this dream will be the very reason this all happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, Cotton here!

Here's a list some characters, not all of them but some!

Bede = Rapunzel

Hop = Eugene (Flynn Ryder)

Chairman Rose = Mother Gospel

Opal = Queen of the kingdom

Rapidash = Maximus

Hatenna = Pascal

Another thing, how Bede's powers work.

Instead of long hair, his power is to control vines, based off the Florges that died for the rose. If you were to cut all the vines around his wrists, which are the source of his magic, you'll essentially get rid of his power. Rose learned the hard way. So, they don't get bigger per say, but the vines he creates are noticable and scary like Rapunzel's hair.

Let's hope I don't abandon this!