Prologue

Mystic Falls, 1864

"Stefan, the carriage is coming up the drive." I called to my younger brother, his voice responding as I looked in the mirror to inspect my golden dress, black floral patterns adorning the fabric. I walked down the stairs, following the sound of my little brother's voice to the front porch.

"You must be Ms. Pierce." I heard my brother say, I smiled and walked out of the door.

"Please, call me Kathrine." She said as Stefan took her hand, I descended down the stairs and she bowed her head as I curtsied.

"Welcome Ms. Pierce, I hope our home with be more than enough." I said, she smiled and I looked over at my brother to see him looking rather smitten. "Stefan, please grab our guest's luggage as I show her to her room." My brother nodded and I turned to the house, walking up the stairs to the second floor, knowing she was following me. I stopped at the room that was at the end of the corridor, turning to look at her as she stepped inside. Stefan and I in tow as he set down her luggage.

"Thank you for bringing me to my room, Ms. Salvatore. If you do not mind, I'd like to catch up on my sleep. It was a rather long trip and I am most certainly exhausted." Kathrine stated softly, I nodded and bid my leave with my brother before we left the room. I walked down the stairs and went outside just in time to see another carriage pulled up our drive, I walked down the steps and waited as it stopped. The door opened and I gasped when I saw Damon step out, smiling and jumped into his arms as he chuckled.

"Hello to you too, little sister." Damon said as we hugged, I pulled away and giggled as he pushed some hair out of my face and then footsteps patted down the steps behind us. I turned to see Stefan and he smiled at our brother. Out of the three of us, Damon was the oldest, I was the second, and Stefan the youngest. "It's nice to be home." Damon mumbled as he looked up at the house, I smiled and looked at my brothers with pure joy.