eight.

-EIGHT-

KEVIN had just arrived in school with his friend haknyeon

KEVIN had just arrived in school with his friend haknyeon. the two were walking in the direction of their form room when hyejoo bounced up to them.

"morning y'all." the girl greeted as the swung her arms around the boy's shoulder casually.

at this, he tensed.

physical contact had always been a normal thing with the two, however it was a bit surprising when the girl would just do it out of nowhere.

the two greeted her back and proceeded to engage in a random conversation.

the three stood there conversing about why gold was so valuable. it was not a topic that would be useful to them yet it was still very interesting for them to talk about. well that's what kevin thought anyways.

"the only reason why gold is worth anything is because we, as humans, give it value." kevin explained, "gold is only expensive because it's shiny and rare."

"what about diamond then?" hyejoo pondered.

"yeah why is that so expensive? it's rare and shiny like gold, so by your logic shouldn't it be less valuable?" haknyeon questioned.

at this, kevin sighed. his friends really didn't know anything about precious metals did they?

"well yeah, but diamond is extremely hard and -when shaped properly- can cut through just about anything."

haknyeon was shook.

he thought diamond was only used in jewellery but he was wrong.

the more you know !

"but then why-" hyejoo was abruptly cut off by the school bell which, obviously meant that the trio had to go to their respective first periods.

"oh shit- i have chem i gotta blast mrs jang is going to fry my fingers if i'm late," the girl began.

"oof poor you i hate her haha- my first period isSssSSS..." haknyeon started.

"... also chem."

"well let's go then haki!" hyejoo exclaimed while grabbing onto haknyeon and pulling him in the direction of their class. all of this while waving an exaggerated goodbye to kevin.

after chuckling at her childish silliness, kevin waved back before skipping to his own class- which was history- as quick as he could.

♡︎

it was quarter to one and kevin had just been dismissed from his class.

it was now lunch time,

which could only mean one thing.

s̶e̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶y̶e̶j̶o̶o̶. eating lunch.

ah yes, lunch.

his favourite meal.

picking up his things, he composed himself and walked in the direction of the school canteen, ready to ingest whatever the school decided to call food today.

as he reached the said canteen, his eyes scanned the room for his two friends.

but he saw something he didn't expect.

something that disturbed him in a way that made him confused.

he didn't know why he didn't like it.

but on the table with his friends, was hyejoo and someone else.

someone else he didn't recognise immediately.

but it was kim younghoon.

the boy that hyejoo had a crush on.

inside him was a feeling that he was all too familiar with. a feeling that was eating him up from the inside.

jealousy.

nevermind.

kevin thought.

i'll just eat by myself today.

###