Mr. Jerk

There he was, Andrew McLaughlin, the biggest player in the school. He stood there flexing his muscles with a huge arrogant smile slapped on his face. As usual he was surrounded by the cheerleaders. You could hear them giggling half way across the school. This week his girlfriend is Stacie but next week I can guarantee it won't be. Stacie was the captain of the cheer leading squad and the biggest prep in the school. She literally ran the school.

I didn't even have to look at Ellie to know she was staring at him. "Ellie, he's not worth it. He's a player, a jerk, a douche bag. Do I need to give you this lecture again?"

"I know but he's a cute jerk!"

"Ellie just stop!"

"Fine" she replied in defeat.

We walked over to our lockers which just happened to be right beside each other and grabbed our books for first block. The bell rang just as we closed our lockers.

"Perfect timing! Well I'm off to be bored to death in history. Have fun with Mr. Jerk" Ellie stated excitedly.  

"Oh yeah lots of fun!" I replied sarcastically while walking down the hallway to math.

Math was just my thing. I had always been good at it. Every year since the fourth grade I had gone to the state level at Math Field Day. Yes, some may call me a nerd but I loved it.

Andrew on the other hand was not good at all. He was failing Mr. Millers and I don't even know how he got this far. I overheard one of the teachers say one time, they just passed him so they wouldn't have him again next year. He and his so called posy sat in the back corner. Mr. Miller had threatened to send them to detention for the rest of the semester several times. They never did their work, never paid attention in class, and all three of them were failing.

I walked in and put my algebra 2 book on my desk, landing it a lot harder than I expected. I sat down and bent down to get a pencil out of my bag. I raised up to see Andrew standing there, hovering over my desk. "May I help you?" I asked hoping that he would just go away.

"I didn't do my homework last night. You know I didn't really have time after that awesome football game I played last night." he said. His arrogant smirk covering his face.

"Didn't you guys loose last night?" I said laughing at his arrogance.

"It was still an awesome game" he replied defensively

Laughing I asked "And how does you not doing your homework because you were too busy losing another game affect me?"

"I need yours and your gonna be the perfect nerd and give it to me now aren't you?" The words came out more demanding than questioning.

"Mr. McLaughlin is there a reason your not in your seat?" Mr.Miller asked raising an eyebrow.

Andrew hung his head and walk to the back of the room to his seat.

Our school was just like every school, it had it's cliques; the preps, jocks, emo/ goth, outsiders, and then the plain nobodies. Andrew was defiantly a jock, Stacie, a prep, and me, well I was just a plain nobody.

I met Ellie at our lockers and headed straight to out table. Ellie opened her lunch bag and pulled out a turkey sandwich, a pudding cup, a chef salad, a Mountain Dew, and an orange. I looked at her with awe. How does she eat like that and never gain a pound! I prepared myself for an "Ellie Lecture" as I pulled out an apple and started working on my homework from math.

     "Hayden I have told you a million billion trillon times, you can't starve yourself! You can not survive on an APPLE! You now eating less will actually make you gain weight. Here take something."

     "No, Ellie, I'm fine. I'm not hungry. I'm not eating if I'm not hungry! Now be quiet I need to finish this." I sensed someone behind me and turned to see Andrew standing there.

     "What do you want?" emphasizing the you.

     "Look, I'm failing Mr. Miller's"

     "That doesn't supprise me. What am I supposed to do about it?"

     "Your gonna give me your homework to copy for the rest of the semester" He said in his 'Arrogant Andrew' voice.

     "Why should I do this?" I questioned

     "Because I'm the hottest guy in school and deep down inside you love me, just like your friend Ellie here who has been admiring my hotness this entire conversation" he stated again in his arrogant tone.

Ellie blushed and quickly grabbed her stuff and stated she was going to the library to study.

     "Now we're all alone and you have to say yes because if you don't you'll end up being 'the girl who rejected Andrew McLaughlin and turned him gay'"

     "That wouldn't be so bad at least you wouldn't be bothering me!"

     "Fine." He stated in defeat and got up to walk away.

     "But I guess it wouldn't hurt me any" I said in a small voice hoping he wouldn't hear me.

     "So, you'll do it?" He asked in a voice unfamiliar. It was his but it had an undertone of something I couldn't make out. It was soft and maybe even a little vulnerable. Then it hit me, he was vulnerable. I could do whatever I wanted to him. I had that power.

     "Yes, I'll do it" I said with a playful smirk dancing on my face.

    Then something very unexpected happened. He kissed me, not on the cheek, forehead or even on my hand. He kissed me on the lips. I was shocked and something else happened. I had butterflies in stomach. I actually like it, I liked him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sooo this is my first story in a  long time. I really hope people like it and leave lots of comments! Thanks to everyone in advance who does!  :)