Oh Baby !

· ❁ · ❁ · ❁ · ❁ ·

In a cozy penthouse, Mahir and his wife, Bela were in the midst of a heated argument. Bela’s voice echoed through the house as she confronted her husband.

"Why can't you bring me what I'm asking for, Mahir?", Bela demanded, her frustration palpable.

"Bela, baby, why don't you understand?", Mahir replied with a pleading tone. "It's very cold outside, and you might catch a cold."

"I don't care, Mahir. Your wife is four months pregnant with your child, and you can't even bring her a chocolate ice cream?", Bela shot back, her voice a mix of anger and sadness.

Mahir sighed, trying to reason with her. "Baby, everything I'm doing is for you and our baby. If you catch a cold, our baby will suffer too. Do you want that?"

Bela's demeanor softened a bit as she answered, "No, I don't want that. But one chocolate ice cream won't harm me. Please, my love, just one chocolate ice cream, and I promise I won't ask again."

Mahir shook his head, exasperated. "You said the same thing the day before yesterday, and you're saying it again today. You'll say the same thing tomorrow. It’s better if I just don’t get the ice cream."

Dramatically, Bela lamented, "What kind of husband did I get? He can't fulfill even a small wish of his wife. I don't know why I agreed to this marriage."

"No amount of drama will work, madam", Mahir retorted.

"So, you won't get me the ice- cream?", Bela asked, moving towards the sofa and sitting down in anger when Mahir affirmed his decision.

Mahir sighed deeply. He couldn’t let her eat something that might harm her health in such cold weather. Pregnancy had brought out strong mood swings in Bela, and it was a challenge to handle them. Despite her anger, Mahir was resolute about her safety.

Just then, the doorbell rang. When Mahir opened the door, he was surprised to see his parents standing there with broad smiles.

"Mom, Dad, what brings you here at this hour? Is everything okay?", Mahir asked, concerned.

"Why? Can't we come to visit our beloved daughter-in-law?", Sumi, his mother, replied playfully.

"Sure, but you could have called", Mahir said.

"Do we need to call before coming to our own house?" Anand, his father, chimed in, gently pushing Mahir aside as they entered.

Mahir thought to himself, "Mom and Dad are more excited about the baby than I am."

Seeing Bela's upset face, Sumi immediately inquired, "Bela beta, what's wrong? Why do you look so sad?"

"Bela, did Mahir say something to you?" Anand asked, concerned.

"Tell us, dear. What happened?" Sumi encouraged.

"Mom, your son didn’t bring me the chocolate ice-cream I’ve been asking for", Bela complained like a small kid

Sumi turned to Mahir with a questioning look. "Mahir, what am I hearing? Why aren't you listening to her?"