england X depressed!reader

Tears form into your eyes as you get into your car. It hurt. Every wretched day hurt like hell and there was no way of escaping it. School was just another tightrope. Getting punched and yelled at was a daily routine now at school. Once kids found out you live alone in an apartment, they started using it against you. Asking if your parents hated you so much they threw you out, or if they found out you were pregnant with someone's baby and they kicked you out, and so on. But all of it was wrong. Your parents died three years ago, and you didn't want to move in with your abusive grandparents, so you naturally ran away. You took all of your parents money from the bank and went off to a new place.

Life is hard, though. For a 16 year old, you struggle to keep a job at hot-topic, because kids still find you there. But it was all worth it, because after 6 months of saving up money, you bought a laptop, and you could continue talking to your internet friend, Arthur. Arthur didn't know that your parents had died, or that you moved away at all. Everyday he'd ask, and you'd quickly say, 'fine.' And move on to a different subject, he also doesn't know that your getting bullied. Arthur was the one thing that kept you going. Today was different though. When you finally get home to your apartment, and when you log onto Skype, you start messaging him.

"Hey Arthur." You then press send and leave to go make a sandwich. After 15 minuets, he still hasn't replied. You know his school times, and even though he lives in the UK, you still know that he should of been out of school an hour ago. "...Arthur?" You type. You started to get worried. What if he forgotten about you, what if he found friends and just left you? Questions start rumbling around until you hear three beeps, Arthur wanted to FaceTime you. You quickly accept. "Good afternoon, love." Arthur says, "..." His large eyebrows then furrow together, "what's wrong?" You look down at yourself in the face cam and you realize that your eyes were red. You quickly smile, "o-oh nothing! Nothing at all... What's up with you wall, it's not the usual one." You comment, changing the subject.

His faces then goes red, a little bit, "I-I'm just using the downstairs computer.. Ah yes.. My laptop broke.. So um.. Yeah... How was school?" You force a smile, "oh fine, what about you?" He then scratches the back of his neck in thought, "very tiring." You smile in agreement. "Oh.. Uh.. Say do you live in {city} {state}?" He asks. "Yeah, why?" You raise an eyebrow. "Just wondering! I might send something to you." "You don't have to.." You mumble, face starting to tint red.

"But I'm your friend, right? That what friends do~!" He says in a more cheerful tone, "I'll always be here for you~!" You then smile, that's all you wanted to hear.

Hours later you fell asleep talking to Arthur, he smiles, "I'll see you tomorrow dear, just you wait." He then ends the call. Arthur knew you moved around into an apartment, and being such close friends before, he started to save up money to meet you. He secretly had a crush on you, but being to afraid to tell you because you never mentioned if you had a boyfriend or not. He honestly hoped you didn't.

*le timeskip*

The next morning you wake up at 10:34.. Two hours after school has started. When you wake up, and check the time your eyes go wide "... Damn! I guess I'll have to stay at home.. Oh well." You sigh and re-arrange your apartment and watch anime, but at 3:50, ten minuets after school was out, a nock was on your door. You open it, to find that no one was there, only a letter.

"Hey whore!
Why weren't you at school? Did you die yet? If so, good! You deserve it. Nobody likes you. We all know that you were a slut and that your parents hated you so much that they sent you away. Your so worthless. Your so fat and ugly. If your alive still, WHY DONT YOU JUST DIE ALREADY. Go drink bleach. You bitch. We gave you a coupon for bleach. Use it.