Chapter 1

Flashback to 2004

Derek's P.O.V.

I sat in the kitchen as seven year old Cora ran around the house with her eight year old best friend Scarlett, or Scar as she liked to be called ever since I made that nickname up for her.

"Come on Cora! Slow down!" Scar yelled as she tried to keep up with Cora, nearly tripping and falling in the process. I chuckled in amusement.

"Well, hurry up then!" Cora yelled back, still not slowing down. She rounded the corner to the kitchen and ran straight towards me. I quickly caught her in my arms.

"Woah, Woah. Slow down there. You have to remember she's only a human." I told her. She looked back as Scar finally caught up and joined us.

"Cora, how are you so fast." She asked. Cora just shrugged and walked off to the fridge to get a snack. Scar then turned to me with a big grin on her face.

"Hello my handsome prince." She said dreamily, batting her eyelashes. I chuckled and leaned against the counter. She's always had a crush on me. I think it's cute.

"Hello princess. What's up?" I asked. She hopped up on the seat next to me.

"Just talking to my wonderful husband." She said with the biggest grin. I face-palmed and looked at her.

"Scar, I told you I'm too old to be your husband."I told her. She pouted.

"No, you're not. Haven't you heard age is just a number?" She said in her cute little baby-like voice. I sighed and stood in front of her.

"Listen, Scar. I'll tell you what. When you're all grown up, then maybe someday it will happen. But you're only eight." I chuckled.

"I know." She pouted.

"Listen, I'm sure you can find someone else your own age that'll want to be your husband." I said. She shook her head.

"No I won't." She said.

"What about your brother's friend, Stiles?"I tried. She immediately made a disgusted face.

"Ewww! That's gross! He's my brother's friend."she said. I laughed.

"But, I'm your friend's brother." I said, raising my eyebrows. She looked down then back up at me.

"You got a point there." She said, then we both started laughing.

"Don't worry, Scar. Someday you'll find someone."

Flashback Over

----

Present Time (2014 -ten years later)

Scott's P.O.V.

"You didn't tell Scar anything did you?"I asked as we stood inside the police station, waiting for Derek, for young Derek to be released.

"No, she would freak if she found out what happened. You know how much he means to her." Stiles said. We both watched as Derek signed the papers with Deputy Parrish.

"I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off."I sighed.

"Hey, your ass is fine. You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We'll figure this out in a day or two. He goes back to being old Derek. Everyone else is happy. Except for Derek who's never happy." Stiles said.

"But this is another person we're lying to. It's just I feel like it's better when we tell the truth." I said. "With Lydia, my mom, your dad . . ."