1

'WEIRDO' That's how most of the people around me describe me. I'm no one, and I'll probably be alone all my life that's, what they always say. However, I'd preferably call myself 'skeptical' of this idea called 'reality.'

I'm an otaku, and I'm more attracted to fictional characters rather than real a real human; I mean, who wouldn't love them, right? They're perfect I can see my dreams grow with them. When I watch them, I can feel their pain, joy, and success through every episode.

'Happy Birthday to us,' I thought as I huffed out a sigh, looking back at the poster pasted at my wall. There's Tsukishima, the guy who doesn't exist but, stole my heart without trying. I walked towards the poster caressing the surface of the poster, near his face before walking outside the house.

I looked up the sky, a thin layer of clouds masked the sun, filling the background with blue light. I let another sigh come out, 'Rainy days are really for me, huh?' I thought as I walked towards the station. I'm going to my mother, she went on a long journey in a faraway place, called heaven.

"Hi ma" I greeted, "Today's my birthday, I'm sorry if my visit took too long," I added as I bowed my head, showing respect before laying down beside her, staring at the anvil of cloud coming in. "A thunderstorm," I whispered.

"Ma, do you know that I lost my interest in real guys? But there's this one fictional guy that I'm simping over with, Tsukishima Kei. He's a tall volleyball player; he may act salty but he has a heart of gold deep inside him. Aren't we the same?" I muttered; I continued talking beside her, telling her my thoughts about my fictional boyfriend. About how handsome, cool, and smart he was, I even ranted about why those kinds of guys aren't real.

Minutes later, the rain started to pour, and this heavyweight in my chest is trying to free itself.

ONE DROP. TWO DROP. THREE DROP.

Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream; Tears of despondency slowly cascaded down my cheeks leaving me so weak and frail.

"Ma, why did you leave so soon? Now, I'm all alone. Dad left me for another family who am I supposed to lean on now?" I shouted as I bent forward sitting up on the ground and pressing my palms onto my clothes that are starting to get soaked. I began to cry with the force of a person vomiting on all fours.

'For the first time after a long time, I finally vented out these bottled feelings. Ma, you left me without fulfilling the wish that you owe me...' I thought.

After a few minutes, the rain stopped so, did my tears. I feel better with the soaked clothes and the bottled feelings out. I stood up and started to walk away, I looked up the sky and smiled. "Say ma, what if you grant my wish this time? Take me to that fictional character for a change" I muttered before breaking out a laugh. "B*llsh*t (y/n), that's just absurd," I added.

I stared at the puddle in front of me. This is what I want after the rain, the puddles of water. They remind that even after the rain there will always be a remnant of the pain but, it's up to you how you'll use it. Will you use it to grow? Or would you rather use it to corrupt you more?

I closed my eyes and jumped into the puddle and...

*WHOOSH*

As I opened my eyes, I was in shock, I was falling. My perception of time distorted, everything slowed down until there were nothing, only me and the sky above, the sky that seemed to swallow me whole. I reached out my hand, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of blue. Everything was a blur, a blur that swirled out of existence. Suspended in the air, I closed my eyes and surrendered into the infinite sky above.