One.

Chapter One.
Haunted by the Past.

Bianca stared at the dance presentation they were gonna perform at the end of the semester. She didn't hate dancing, the correct word for it, was afraid.

There's a huge difference, it doesn't mean that you're scared of something, you're scared of it; sometimes, maybe it means that you don't wanna try something, because you're scared you'll get the results that will devastate you.

And there she was, over thinking again.

She hated that part of herself.

She didn't get why she was dancing or why it was a requirement. She's studying Creative Writing in English, what was the connection?

I'm not gonna be a dancing lawyer when I grow up, she thought. She planned to take Law after graduating from Creative Writing, so for her dream's sake, she needed to endure things. Things that she really didn't want to endure, but oh, well.

"That was the dance presentation that you were supposed to perform."Ma'am Flores, her Physical Education teacher, air quoted. Wait, what did she mean supposed?

"Since the school we'll be having visitors all the way from Cebu City, and we'll all be accommodating them, so we'll have to delay the presentation." Everybody gave out a sigh of relief, Bianca smiled to herself.

"All of us here know that, Saint Agatha is new, and needs development as soon as possible, especially in the Engineering Department, so the school seek the help of Apollo University, the most developed Engineering school, in the country."

Everyone squealed, except for her of course. She's only liked three guys in her life: Thomas Brodie Sangster, Timothy Santos and the one who must not be named, and ever since she's been bitter with love.

"The school decided that the ones with the hugest average per department will have one representative, and the department chose this batch. Our representative is: Bianca Louise Uy Edesma."

After that Hunger Games-like introduction, everyone eyed me, the girls in the corner, oh if stares were like bullets she'd definitely be dead.

"If Miss Edesma here, can impress the representatives, then by all means, she can and will be excused in my classes till the end of the year."she smiled.

What was the catch? Just to impress them, hell that would be easy.

"Miss Edesma, please go to the Conference Room 575, don't worry, you won't do anything yet, just meet with them."

"Right now, Ma'am?"

"After classes of course, but before you go, go to my office."

"Yes, Ma'am."

And she turned her eyes to the class, "That would be all, class dismissed."

***
"Ma'am Flores, what am I supposed to do?" Bianca looked up to the teacher she's hated for two years, there's a chance that she'll escape this class with her head held high and she wasn't gonna miss it.

"Pinapunta kita dito, dahil I wanted to tell you very important matters. How many years have you been here, Miss Flores?"she looked at the paper and me.

"Two years, Ma'am."

"This school was built three years ago, wanting to bring world-class education, but unfortunately, in a business like this, you're bound to meet competition. Saint Agatha may be good in degree programs like your courses, but we do have "imperfections" as well and that is the Engineering Department."