Secrets from the Beginning

They're all at least 16/17. In this story.

Gekko's POV.

"Alright guys seems the villains planned to ambush us tonight," Catboy announces.

"But that's so much work," I groan, thinking of the mount of homework I have sitting of my desk right now.

"Yeah but we're all gonna have to take one by ourselves. Owlette you have night Ninja, I'll take Romeo and Gekko takes Luna girl," Catboy says.

"If I finish earlier I'll try to help you guys," Owlette nods.

"Sounds good" I reply, walking away.

"Great see you guys soon," Owlette flies away.

I decided to climb up a building to get a good view of the town first. The view from here is always breathtaking, that's why I love coming up here. My eyes search for Luna girl. Where could she be...

"Looking for someone lizard legs?" A voice says from behind me. I quickly spin around in confusion to find Luna girl behind me.

This just might be easier than I thought.

"Luna girl?!" I exclaim, activating powers.

"Oh calm down, I'm not going to hurt you."

I stand a little taller, narrowing my eyes at her as my exhaustion hit me like a stack of bricks.
"Why are you doing this?" I sigh. Being tired was an understatement-it was a really rough day of school, and all I wanted was to be in bed...after my homework.

"Doing what?" She knowingly smiles. She takes a container of apple slices out of her bag and begins eating.

"I mean why are you teaming up with Night Ninja and Romeo? That's new." I ask.

She doesn't respond so I keep talking.
"How about we make a deal? I'm really tired and fighting you by myself isn't something I really wanna do. So how about we both go home and call it a night?"

She blatantly ignores me and blanks off towards the right of me. I turn my head towards the direction she's looking as a yawn escapes my mouth.

"Luna," I say more calmly. "Did they threaten you or something?"

"No," she responds.

"Than why'd you agree to ambush us?" I ask.

"It's not like I want to work with them," she scoffs. "I owe them."

She pushes the apple slices towards me as I reluctantly take one and sit down beside her towards the ledge, with our feet dangling off.

"What happened?" I repeat.

"Remind me why I should be telling you this?"

"Because you can trust me, and I think you know that too," I fire back, receiving a grim glare from Luna.

I don't know why I'm so interested, but for some reason I really wanted to know what happens between the villains. Everything about the way they think has always intrigued me.

"Yeah I know," her voice trails off before taking a deep breath and starting from the beginning.

"Remember about 2 months ago when you, and the other dweebs, found out I knew how to cloak myself with invisibility?"

"Yeah," I laugh at the memory of Catboy and Owlette's shocked faces.

"Then you guys took all of the things I stole, and returned them to the store."

"Yeah," I snicker.

"Later that night, I was messing around with my Luna magnet. I was trying to make adjustments to it and accidentally shot my self."