Familiar Annoyances

Davis POV

A few days have passed since the problem with the Fallen Angels was dealt with & a few things have happened. Mordred & Asia transferred into Kuoh Academy, not to mention how the aforementioned knight has also started working at my cafe with Sona. Speaking of her, I told Sona that she doesn't have to come in unless I needed her to, so she was relieved to hear that.

Anyway, since the incident I've been playing around with Sona & the student council quite a lot. Usually, it was a match of chess where they would try to find out more about me or Sona trying to get out of working all together. Business at the cafe was normal for the most part, although like Sona, Mordred had a few gripes with her work uniform. She's just lucky I haven't had her work the night shift yet, since there's a different uniform for that.

Currently, I was in the ORC, reading some of the books that were there while Mordred was trying to finish her homework before we went home. I found something about the history of the underworld which seemed pretty interesting, so I was pretty engrossed as I laid on their couch. It was quite relaxing reading in silence, but it didn't last for long.

Why? Well, Rias & her peerage entered the room but stopped immediately when they saw me on the couch. At first, I didn't pay them any attention, being too focused on my book, but I had to acknowledge their presence once they started talking.

Rias: *Sighs* Don't you think you've been around here a bit too much?

Davis: Are you asking me to leave?

Rias: Well, you're not part of the club...

Davis: I guess you have a point, but you're not the boss of me.

With that, I went back to reading while Koneko sat beside me eating, giving some glances to my book, from time to time. In the end, Rias gave up on making us go away, so she started explaining Asia, the newest member of the peerage, what exactly means to be a Devil, with the help of Issei.

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door & Sona entered with her whole peerage, including a new guy that I haven't seen before.

Rias: Hello Sona.

Sona: Hi Rias, I see you got a new piece after the incident.

Rias: Yes, meet my new bishop, Asia Argento.

Asia: H-hello.

Sona: Hmm, healing, huh? Well, how about I present my new piece as well. This is Saji, my Pawn.

If I remember correctly, this guy was also in the second year, but in a different class from Issei & I. I was curious about this guy until he tried to flirt with Asia, which made me think this guy is just another Issei. Of course, said idiot wasn't too happy, so he lashed out at the blond guy, at which he tried to pull rank.

Saji: Hmm, how about we see who's stronger. I'm warning you, I took up 4 pawns when I was reincarnated.

Sona: Saji, don't. Issei took all 8 pieces.