Mystic Falls Virginia, 2023

It's been five years since Niklaus Mikaelson had been on fresh air outside his cell under the Mikaelson Manson where his, so called son, Marcellus has kept him all those years. Now after all that time Hayley managed it to bring his siblings back, and Klaus was very grateful for it. He hasn't seen Hope yet. He wanted to spend some time alone, before meeting his family again. Klaus went in a hurry from New Orleans to the very place where he was born during the Viking age, and where his own mother created the vampires. The small town of Mystic Falls in Northern Virginia.

He had heard in the newspapers from 2018 that a certain person had died in Mystic Falls. Klaus was on his way to the Mystic Falls cemetery. He was going carefully so that no one could see him. A human eye wouldn't even be able to catch a blink of his figure he was running that fast. Suddenly he stopped... he entered the old cemetery with full of thoughts inside his mind.. he was thinking a lot lately. He wanted to visit a certain person in the cemetery who had meant to him a lot. He wanted to say good bye... Klaus smiled.. his famous reckless but attractive smile... That certain person he wanted to see, was no one else than Stefan Salvatore, who died for his hometown to save it. His family and friends turned the Salvatore boarding house into a School for young supernatural children. In memory of Stefan, who saved them. But Klaus knew better... the People from back than now are probably all gone and only few are left here in Mystic Falls who would actually remember the Salvatore brothers and their adventures here in this very small town...
Klaus was very shocked and couldn't believe it, that Stefan was dead... after all they experienced a lot. In the 1920 they wrote history together. Klaus learned a lot from Stefan. He smiled... *we were such a great team... we were so similar.. lonely.. broken and yet we were both merciless killers back then...* Klaus remembered.
Klaus stepped out from the forest and went straight to the part of the cemetery were the Salvatore graves were. He stood there. Looking for one in particular.

STEFAN SALVATORE
Brother-Husband-Friend
~Born 1846~
Now at peace

Klaus stood still as he read those words... he smiled warmly at the beautiful sand Marmor grave and went a little closer to it. He felt a pain in his chest... knowing that he wouldn't see his old friend again... they had seen each other the last time about 5 years ago in New Orleans. Klaus remembered a sentence Stefan said: "why do I have that feeling we won't see each other again?" and without realising and knowing it. His friend had said the truth... they didn't see each other again... Klaus sighed... he wanted to say something.. to pay his respect to Stefan. 

"Hello, old friend." Klaus said quietly...
"Who would have thought that you would die first before your brother would go? He might have been the fun brother, but we both know who was the real fun brother..." Klaus grinned a bit remembering the old days of the Ripper of Monterey....
still a tear running down his cheek as he realised that he misses his friend.

"I knew you had it in you, when you saved Mystic Falls." He said and looked at his grave, picturing Stefan in-front of him inside of his eyes. "I didn't get the chance to say good bye to you, my friend. I am very sorry for that, I apologies for it.... I know.. we didn't always had a great time... we were friends... enemies... and frenemies... and still I knew we always had a connection to each other... you do know, my friend, that I'm not good with feelings, but I do miss you. I wish you could hear me. I hope you are now at peace on the other side. You deserved it, Stefan..." Klaus said.

Gently, he touched the Marmor stone and grabbed a little flower from the ground. Slowly, Klaus put the flower in front of Stefans engraved name.

From the other side a tall figure, with light brown hair watched the original hybrid. Stefan smiled... happy that Klaus pays him a visit still after all those years...
Klaus was now stepping a little aside... Stefan from the other side was exactly beside him, knowing that Klaus couldn't hear him, but he still said:

"Thank you. I'm sorry, when I was alive I didn't pay you much attention and I know we weren't always at good terms, but I wanted to say I'm glad we met... I enjoyed our time we had together... I'll never forget you Klaus, I might not be the Ripper now, but I'll always stay, Stefan Salvatore, your old friend."
Stefan said smiling and touched Klaus' shoulder gently.

Klaus felt a little brush of coldness from a supernatural activity he couldn't see... but he felt a certain pressure. And suddenly he knew that Stefan was watching him.

"Hello, my old friend. I knew you could hear me. I know, that we'll see each other once again in life, for a very last time." Klaus said.

"I know... good bye Klaus.. Take care of you." Stefan said quietly "tell... tell Caroline,  I-..." Stefan stopped. He knew Klaus couldn't hear him.. it would make not much sense to say his wish.

He couldn't see Stefan but he felt his presence near by. They had spoken to each other, in peace, in friendly words, they had cleared all the darkness in their relationship they had when Stefan still had been alive. Klaus did not hear Stefan's words, but somehow deep inside, he knew what his old friend wanted one last time. "I know, Stefan. I'll tell her." Klaus said quietly. Stefan on the other side smiled at his words, and felt an overwhelming gratitude towards the man standing on his grave. His friend. His former enemy. Klaus knew, and he believed that once again he'll see his old friend for a very last time.  Someday, when the time will come. He will see him again. And Klaus knew, that Stefan had forgiven him.