Chapter 1: Schoolward Bound

It was like every other day. We woke up at 6:30 AM, got dressed, put everything you need in your backpack and go. Buuuttt THIS YEAR....was WAYYYYYYYY different. COVID 19 was still out so we had to wear masks and carry our backpacks. NOBODY was allowed to use the lockers this year. Me and my older brother Eric went to school. I didn't take the bus this year, Eric dropped me off and picked me up. Our cousin, Ethan, was staying with us at the time. He started staying with us during the beginning of quarantine.  I personally thought that this was gonna be a great year...until I realized that my friend group was split up. They put us into two groups, Group A and Group B. Me, Ryan, and Camielle were in A and Madalin and Olivia were in B. Chloe moved to Kasson which means she didn't go here anymore. There was a new choir teacher as well. I'm getting off topic aren't I? Well it all started out at home...

Eric: "Let's go Abby we have 5 minutes!"

Me: "Ok! Meet you at your car!"

I grabbed my mask and put it on. I ran out of my room.

Me: "Bye Caleb I'll see you later!"

Caleb: "Bye Abby!"

I grab my pink water bottle out of the fridge and run outside to Eric's car. I open the door, buckle up and close the door and we're off. He drops me off at the front and tells me where he's gonna park. I unbuckle, get out of the car and close the door. I stand and look at the building.

Me: "Well...let's do this."

I walk into the school and as I feel the air hit my skin as I open the doors, I knew that this day was gonna be great.