V. Worth It

"Thought I'd find you here." A voice says and I bite my lip.

"I know it's rough Evangeline, but they would want you to be happy." Grandmother says and I nod once.

"I miss them," I murmur to myself.

"Me too hun, me too." Grandmother wraps her arms around me.

"Remember when you dad was a little boy and built this swing, crazy as hell him and his friends." She smiles gumly.

"Stoled an old tire from the junkyard and some rope from your grandfather. Grandpa, the crazy bastard, called the police and reported a missing item." She chuckles slightly.

"He was always building something.." I trail off and she nods.

"Enough reminiscing,  let's go cook diner before Greg comes home." She states.

***

"So Eve, Ruth has been telling me something about a boy." Greg refers to my Grandma and cuts a bite of chicken. Greg being my Grandma's fiancée,  known him for a while, nice guy.. but not my Gramps.

"Go Eve tell him about the nice boy by the river." Grandma urges and I blush.

"He's really nice Greg, smart too helps me to try to speak." I reply picking a small portion of mashed potatoes.

"Oughta bring 'em up to the house so we can meet him." Greg urges.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I mutter.

"Oh bullshit Eve, we would like to meet the young boy you've been spending time with." He dropped his fork and made the sound echo through the silent house.

"Excuse me." I place my napkin down and scoot my chair out before dashing upstairs into the safety of my room. My phone buzzes in my pocket and my confusion is written all over my face,

Hey Evie, it's Harry! I just wanted to know if I could still take you out tomorrow, pick you up at 6? (: -H x.

Hi Harry, 6 sounds perfect. I'll b be there.(: -E x.

Evie that's my thing.. :P -Harry x.

I think it could be a collective thing. :P -Evie x.

Whatever you say babe, what are you doing? -H x.

About to start painting, what about you? -E x.

What are you painting? Can I see? -H x.

I sigh and look around stopping at the mural of the rose. Snapping a picture I send it to Harry.

You're really talented Eve. -H x.

Thank you, -E x.

I would really like if you'd speak to me :( -H x.

Yeah, me too.. -E x.

"More than you'll ever know." I mumble and grab a paintbrush.

I'll wait for you, you're worth it Evie ♥ -H x.