ch. three

"I did ask him on a date right? And he turned me down? Feisty. I like it." Aera kept repeating that to herself, proud of the process she had made today. She cursed herself for not stealing a small kiss though, but maybe it was too early.

She really found it strange how she became that interested in a man like him, he was far from her type, after all she liked loud, energetic dudes, similar to her but Seo Youngho was nowhere near that. He was serious and mysterious, almost cocky in front of others but when he was walking her home, he looked like a whole another person, he was shy. Aera couldn't understand him at all.

But she wanted to know more about him, and she would.

Sleep was quick to come for her, as she couldn't hide her excitement.

And the very dreadful morning of Monday was here, and that meant that Aera had to go to the company where she worked, which was so bothersome for her since she had to socialize with other human beings while being short on caffeine and will for life.

She had only slept for few hours, but strangely she was energetic, maybe too energetic if we're being honest. She had managed to grab some coffee on the way to work and she was also smiling.

"Is this for real or am I seeing things? Is Kang Aera really smiling on a Monday morning?" Jiwon exclaimed from afar upon seeing her friend.

"Hey Aera! Did you have sex or something? What's with this mood?" It was Sera this time, being a little bit louder, earning some judgmental glares from their coworkers. Aera just shrugged them all of and went on to sit on her small office at the corner.

"Is she... okay?" Jiwon turned to Sera, really concerned with how their friend was behaving.

It was indeed a sight to see, Kang Aera was never really into going to the company in the mornings, and she preferred working from home most of the time.

"Belladonna is back at it you guys!" Aera cheered wholeheartedly and her friends could do nothing but nod in agreement.

She decided to stay focused on her work, as she had to get it over with quickly since she had other plans for later. She had already started typing on some random article about the strict diets in the kpop industry, as she had some spicy stuff from few of her trainee friends but her mind just kept on drifting off to Johnny.

Speaking of which, the young male had such a beautiful and peaceful sleep, he felt refreshed and ready to welcome the shit that was about to be thrown at him this week. It was difficult at times, he admitted that to himself long ago. He made some coffee and would soon get ready to go and clean the bar.

Mondays meant that he had to go through all the ingredients, all the beverages the place was running out of, and he had to do it all by himself since he really didn't want to burden his employees, that were mere college students working their asses for their fees and tuitions.

"Luna, be a good girl, daddy will be back soon!" Johnny exclaimed with a soft smile on his face before biding his goodbyes to his white sphynx cat and leaving for work.

Life (and luck) seemed to be favoring him on this fine Monday morning, because on his way to work he happened to cross paths with the short, black haired girl that seemed to have made his bar her second home. 

Johnny could tell it was her from afar, as her figure struggled with the plastic bags she was carrying, profanities slipping out of her mouth endlessly. Aera looked done with her life to say the very least, as she cursed herself for deciding to go grocery shopping with Sera, who disappeared not very long after they entered the store, leaving the poor girl a list of things plus her own stuff.