Throne of Glass

If you know me, you'd be able to guess that this would be the first one I review. It is my favorite of all time, and I've read a lot of books since then. (Book trailer above along with a picture of a character in the book. There is no movie or tv show for the series yet, sadly.) 

Throne of Glass is pure fiction. 

It is about an assassin named Celaena Sardothien who is put into a competition much like the hunger games. Her backstory is a bit different. So is her story going on from there. There are eight books in the series if you count the novella that you read in between book 1 and book 2. 

I'm really bad at giving a good summary of the story without including spoilers, so here is the work of the lovely people at this address: https://sprinkledpages.blogspot.com/2016/07/throne-of-glass-no-spoiler-book-review.html#:~:text=Synopsis%3A%20After%20serving%20out%20a,find%20a%20new%20royal%20assassin.

"After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin. 

Her opponents are men- thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the king's council. If she beats her opponents  in a series of eliminations, she'll serve the kingdom for four years and then be granted her freedom. Celaena finds training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilirating, but she's bored stiff with court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts showing interest in her... but it's the gruff captain Westfall that seems to understand her best. 

Then one of the other contestants turns up dead... quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined." 

Maturity level: Contains more and more mature content as the series goes on, but the first book contains only jokes about the subject. 

Pages: 404. This also goes up as the books continue. The last one is about 1,000 pages if I remember correctly. '

Author: Sarah J. Maas. Also read the other books of hers I'll be reviewing, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and her newest one, the Crescent City series (first one called House of Earth and Blood).

*WARNING*: I have discovered this book series is a required taste. Just look it up on YouTube and you'll see the reviews it got there...But I feel that it's worth a try. If you still don't like it after the third book (Which is where it gets better in my opinion because of a certain white-tailed hawk like the one in the picture), then just put the book down and forget about about it. 

Any more questions on it,  feel free to comment, and also tell me about another book I should review.