Broken

*Matthew's POV*

"Matthew, boy you get back here!" My dad screamed. There were huge dark circles under my eyes and new scars and bruises on my body. Who knows how many days it's been since Charlotte broke up with me- 5, maybe 4? Well, I'm miserable and decided to come home. Why not? Maybe my physical pain can match my emotional pain, but it never will. A second without Charlotte is over 100 punches. My dad grabbed me by the collar and pinned me against the wall. I winced at the pain that shot up my right shoulder, I think I've fractured it. "Boy, when I tell you to come, you get your lousy ass over here!" my dad yelled. I could smell the strong scent of liquor in his breath and it made my eyes water. He slapped me on the face and pushed me to the ground, kicking me in the ribs. I groaned and he kicked me again in the same spot. Silently I cursed myself for groaning out loud. "You get up to your room and you stay up there! And if I hear a simply noise, I'll throw ya out the window." He slurred. Grabbing my rib I went up the stairs as quiet as a mouse. Without a single sound, I closed my door and locked it, and let out a breath of relief. Limping, I sat on my bed and lay down. Images of Charlotte went whirling through my mind, and they made me smile. Then the smile was replaced with tears, and I could feel them stinging my face, but no matter how hard I tried, it never matched my emotional pain. Nothing has ever hurt as much as this. My heart is crumpled and I feel worthless. Love really isn't real. I loved her, and she loved me, but why? Why does it hurt so much? I punched my pillow and cried in it, as silent as possible. In the corner of my eye, I see my phone on my desk. I haven't checked my phone for a couple days now, and I decided to pick it up and turn it on. As soon as I turn it on, I get over 100,000 notifications. Tweets like, "Where's Matthew?" "What happened to Matt?" And I see trending worldwide #wheresmatt. I tweet real quick to all my fans saying, "I'm here loves. Doing fine, nothing's happened. Just been out of town(:" I do a fake smile, and see people retweeting and favoriting what I said. I look through my text messages, and they're mainly from Shawn asking how I was. I scroll down, and my heart stops. A message... From Charlotte? Is this really happening? I open it and it reads: "Matthew. I really need to talk to you. Please, please respond. If you can, meet me at our usual place at 5. xoxo." My heart starts racing and before I knew it, I was sneaking out the window.