Chapter 6: The Birthday Party

By the time they got home, Anna was wiped out. She still wasn’t used to flying plus the fact that they were tired from turning solid. She won’t be using them for a while. Sonic looked out back to see Silver still sleeping on the floor. Wow. Anna knocked him out cold. He walked back inside to see Anna resting on the couch. He turned on the TV to reveal NCIS, which they have not watched in some time. Anna sat right up when the song started and Sonic sat next to her.

            The first time Anna came over, they watched NCIS, finding out they had something in common besides the fact that they were both hedgehogs. The episode was a Halloween episode with Halloween a week away along with the Twins’ birthday where they will be turning 19. Anna told Sonic and Tails, not realizing that they would plan a big party. Soni planned to invite her friends on their birthday if they weren’t too busy.

            Anna paused the episode so that she could get a snack. Tails had recently restocked the pantry and had at least 2 bags of candy for the Trick-or-Treaters. They usually got a lot with Sonic in the house and all of Tails’ decorations. Sonic planned on being Jack Skellington as the Pumpkin King for Halloween, Tails was going to be a mad scientist, Anna was going to take the easy one and be an angel, and Soni didn’t know what she would be. Sonic already had his costume from when he did “Ask the Sonic Heroes” and the play “Sonic’s Nightmare Before Christmas.” Anna just needed a big ring and a white dress, that was backless, and flats.

            In the NCIS episode, it showed a little girl get kidnapped on Halloween, her Mother freaking out and her Dad in the hospital. Abbey was wearing her costume as Marline Menro, and it was really  weird seeing her wearing white.

            “At least they found the girl,” Sonic said.

            “Yeah…but she’s going to have nightmares for weeks. I know I would.”

            “Like I would let that happen.”

            “You let it happen a month ago…” Sonic’s face turned sorrow, sorry that he couldn’t get to her in time. “But at least you got to me.”

            “Barely.” She quickly read his mind but he had switched to hunger and started thinking about chili dogs. She laughed on this inside till he turned and obviously had a question on his mind. “Man, it seems like their is someone in my head.”

            “There is…”

            “What?”

            “I didn’t want to tell you but apparently I can read minds.” He just sat there dumbstruck, not believing it.

            “Okay…what am I thinking?” She searched his mind and saw chili dogs.

            “Chili dogs.”

            “Okay…that’s obvious. What about now?” She searched again and saw him trying to figure out what the heck.

            “You’re confused on how I can read minds.”

            “Whoa, you can really read minds.”

            “You’re not creped out?”

            “Nope, it’s really awesome that you can do that.” Anna smiled, glad that she didn’t have to keep it secret from him, but her sister and Tails were another story. She would have to tell them soon. Almost as if she called out their names, Soni and Tails walked in and it caused another awkward silence, which only lasted about a minute until everyone started laughing.