- One -

- Michele's POV -

Last night, Melanie and I had a sleepover. We hadn't done one of those in awhile. It was really fun.

We obsessed over our favorite boy band of all time, Why Don't We. And we obsessed over who was cuter. Corbyn or Zach. Obviously, both are adorable. But Corbyn is forever my lane. And Zach is forever Melanie's lane.

Anyways, I woke up this morning, my Twitter overflowing with notifications that Why Don't We was back from their break that they took this year. I instantly overflowed with excitement and woke Mela up.

"Mela, wake up! Come on! Wake up Mela," I said as I tried shaking her awake.

She wasn't waking up. I knew she was still sleeping, but this was the best day ever.

"Why Don't We is back. Wake up," I said.

She still wake up.

"Zachary Dean Herron is in your house," I practically yelled.

With that, she sat up and looked around her room.

"You know he's not actually here, right," I questioned.

"Yeah, I know. I like to check, just in case though," she said.

We both shared a laugh.

"Oh, the boys are back from their break," I said as we jumped up and down together.

"Wait, that means new merch," Melanie said as we continued jumping down, squealing as loud as possible.

In that moment in time, Melanie's aunt slammed her bedroom door open.

"Are you two okay," she asked.

"Yeah, we're fine. But Why Don't We did come back on social media. Officially," Melanie explained to her aunt.

"Which, as Melanie pointed out, mean there's new merch coming," I said.

"Really now? And I'm expecting that you two want me to buy you both merch?"

"I'll find whatever money I can find, and help out," I said.

"Same," Melanie said.

"No, girls, it's fine," her aunt said.

"Are you sure," Melanie asked.

"It's fine. Now go do something! It's sunny and bright outside, and I don't you cooped up in this house," she said.

"Alright, we'll get ready and go do something," Melanie said.

 - Melanie's POV -

After Michele and I got ready for the day, we walked outside into the warm, sunny weather of LA. 

We discussed what we should do, but came up with nothing.

"Well, we could tweet our thanks to the boys for saving helping us through rough times," I said.

"Mela, that's an amazing idea," Michele said. "But, can we get fro-yo and go to the beach. And then tweet our thanks to them while we're at the beach?"

"Yes. We can totally do that," I said.

"Perfect. But um, who's driving," she asked.

"Um, how about I drive," I said.

"Good plan," Michele said.

Knowing Michele, she would probably freak out and pull over. Only for us to sit there for over and hour.

We got in my car, and went to get fro-yo. And then, we made our way to the beach.

At the beach, we took pictures of each other playing in the water. And videos. And on the way home, we blasted Why Don't We's music as loudly as our ears could handle.

"I'm excited to tweet our thanks to the boys and all, but I'm kind of bummed that most likely won't see them," Michele said.

"I mean, they might. We just have to be hopeful," I said. 

"Yeah, hopeful. I still gotta learn how to be hopeful," Michele said, looking out at the stars.

Michele and I have had a rough going with life. We both don't have our moms. My mom passed away, and her mom moved away, and then passed away. I live with my aunt, and I don't really know my dad. She lives alone, and her dad doesn't even visit her. And by that I mean, she lives in an apartment, alone. Her dad pays for her rent and pays her bill, and she uses the money from her mom to pay for food. But that's it. I've never seen her and her dad together since we turned sixteen. 

And during those rough times, we only had each other. Well, until 2016, when we first Why Don't We's music play on the radio. 

So for four years, we've been fangirling over a band.

We got back to my house, and ate dinner. And then went up to my room and sang along to Why Don't We music.

---- ---- ---- ----
There's the first chapter!!!
I hope you guys like it!
-Ele