Chapter 1

There were only two kinds of people in our town. "The stupid and the stuck," my aunt Hanji had affectionately classified our neighbors. "The ones who are bound to stay or too dumb to go. Everyone else finds a way out." There was no question which one she was, but I'd never had the courage to ask why. Hanji was a scientist, and we lived in Shiganshina, Germany.

Shiganshina wasn't like any other small town, everyone knew everyone, and we all knew everything. It was just the same boring people you grew up with since grade school. The neighbors kept watch from their porches in the unbearable heat, sweltering in plain sight. But there was no point. Nothing ever changed. It wasn't a complicated place; Shiganshina was just Shiganshina.

There was no town like Shiganshina, are town was to small to have a mall and a Starbucks. At least that's what I thought, I mean the tourists visit Shiganshina once a year. It wasn't that big of a deal, their just only here for the museums, where we keep the remands of the Titan bones. I'm surprised they even fit in a building; the Titans have been extinct for over hundred years.

We used to have walls that would protect us from the Titans now since their gone, our government wanted the walls to be brought down. I wasn't even born when the walls were brought down, but Hanji told me everything what happened since she's also the head librarian at the Shinganshina local library.

Tomorrow I start my sophomore year at Wings of Freedom high, I already know everything that's going to happen, where I would sit, who I'll talk to, the jokes, the girls, the guys, who would park where. It was the same old bullshit every year, not like it's ever going to change..right? Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

I closed my battered copy of How to Kill a Mockingbird, clicked off the light on the last night of summer. I stared up at my old ceiling, I blinked a couple of times before closing my eyes and drifted off to a deep sleep.

Little did I know that there was a curse. There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave. But I never saw any of it coming...until now.

Sorry if the first chapter was short. This is my first fan fiction so I hope you guys like it. Thanks for reading.

-Author-Chan