Chapter One - The Semifinals pt. 1

Victor's POV: 

I checked my Pokémon, checked to see if they were all healed, and checked my strategies. I was ready for anything this match could throw at me. 

Although this actually threw me off guard. I was fighting Marnie. The person I had made such good friends with and maybe even, oh I don't know, had a little bit of feelings for. She seemed confident as she walked calmly on to the field. This didn't look like the shy Marnie he knew. This was a new, determined Marnie. He started to feel bad from trying to keep her from becoming champion. "Heh. I knew you'd get all the badges and meet me here in the semifinals." Marnie said, sounding pleased. "I never doubted you either Marnie." I answered. To this she blushed a bit before continuing. "I know there's been a lot between us with Team Yell and Spikemuth and all that. The truth is, I just want to be champion for myself. So don't take it personally when I kick your butt."  Marnie finished confidently. "Oh I don't know about that." I replied. We then walked off in separate directions and faced each other once the were far enough away. 

Normal POV: 

The battle went as expected, Victor keeping his well respected undefeated streak going. His Sirfech'd easily took out the Liepard and Morpeko, while his Rapidash swiftly took out Scrafty and  Toxicroak. He dynamaxed his Rapidash and took out the Grimsnarl with one max starfall. 

Marnie POV:

That battle was great, but it also hurt. I wanted to be the champion, and my dream was crushed. Yet Victor was going to act like everything was okay all the time. Not stopping to think that something was wrong. I still wanted to cheer for him though. If I couldn't win, I would want him to. He had to.