Chapter 3 - A New Champion

Victor's POV:

Well, here goes nothing. I closed my eyes and thought about the first thing that came to mind that I truly loved. I didn't know what was happening, but the sword I was holding was now enveloped in a blue light, or so Hop told me. When I opened my eyes, I saw that a Pokémon was standing right in front of me. More importantly, the Sword Pokémon itself. Hop had the Shield Pokémon too. With the help of the two legendaries, I was able to catch Eternatus and save the Galar Reigon. Wow, what a day. 

Marnie's POV:

I soon as I heard Victor was safe, that was all I needed to know. I mean, I need him as a rival...The champion's  match was coming up and I didn't want to miss it. I wanted Victor to win. And guess what? He did! He knocked out the Charizard with a lucky critical hit from his Sirfetched. After exiting the stadium, I hugged him. Boy do I regret that. Bede, Hop, Leon, Gloria, and Sonia were all watching and I was as red  as a tomato.

Now that Victor is the Champion, things are a little more quiet around the region. As time goes by though, I feel more and more pressured to be the best at my newly acquired gym leader position. And as time goes by, I also feel more hurt that he took my dream of becoming Champion. I'm not looking forward to his visit tomorrow.