3

"Well, I think you're finished." I set down my pocket knife, holding up my little wood sheep. 

I put away my pocket knife and grabbed my paints.

I used light strokes, painting its head white and giving it little dot eyes.

"I think I'll name you Betty." I said, putting him in the case with all the other animals, next to Simon the wolf, Liam the owl, Sarah the moose, and a bunch of other critters.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I said, closing the glass cabinet.

Sally peeked in. "Ej says its dinnertime and you should come downstairs before he comes up here and takes your kidneys."

"Okay! I'll be right down." I swept the shavings into my hand and threw them in the trash.

I ran down the stairs loudly, and went to the dining room.

I sat down at my regular seat. Tonight was Ej's turn to cook, so I had my suspicions.

"What kind of meat is this?" I pointed to my plate.

Ej hesitated. "Um... cow?" He shrugged.

It kinda looked like beef, but from what I knew from research and experience it probably wasn't.

"Maybe later." I looked at my plate skeptically and then looked around. "Wheres Ben?"

"Probably being a nerd upstairs." Zero guestured towards the ceiling.

As if on cue, a loud crash came from upstairs.

I slid my plate of the table and set it on the ground for Smile dog. "Oh, I'm so full. I'm going to my room now." I said, running off.

I thundered up the stairs, and walked down the hall until I saw a green door labeled "BEN".

I grabbed the handle and hesitated. "Ben? You okay?" I pressed my ear against the door. No reply. "I'm coming in, last chance to answer."

I opened the door.

The lights where flickering, before they went out.

I looked around, but I didn't see him anywhere.

I noticed a little bit of blood next to the gaming corner.

"Are you there Ben?" I felt like I was in a horror movie.

I peeked around the corner, my heart racing.

Ben was laying on the floor.

"Ben?" I took another step.

Ben was sliced in half down the waist, his organs spilling out. His lower half was missing, and he had glass shards in his side. Next to him was a broken tv, unplugged and dripping blood.

I screamed.

Ben was... dead.

I felt my stomach drop and I dropped with it.

I could faintly hear footsteps.

His blood was dripping into a puddle, his eyes glazed.