Chapter XIV

Claire POV

There was nothing more that I wanted more than sleep at this moment. Sadly, I wasn't getting it. I was up almost all night thinking about what I had told Tiger.

My past.

Something that I never told Eddy or even Steph, I told a guy who I didn't know. I didn't even know what he looked like. He was nice, though. I kneew I can trust him. He didn't know who I was. He didn't even know the color of my hair.

He was different. He was more different than any other guy that I have ever met who was my age. Eddy was a totally different story. I mean, someone who has taken an interest in me.

Someone taking interest in someone like me is the last thing that I would have expected. It's weird, but a good weird. I like it.

I slowly got up in my bed, groaning at how stiff m back felt. I desperately wanted my back to crack when I twisted to the side. Sadly, it didn't. I was afraid that if I twisted too far back, I would dislocate my spinal cord, if that was even possible.

I wiped hair off of my face (which I didn't know how it got there), and wiped the drool from the side of my mouth. As disgusting as it sounded, I realized something when I did that. My lips were curved upwards in a smile. I was thinking about something- rather someone.

Tiger.

I chuckled and shook my head at myself. He was almost always on my mind. When I wake up in the morning, he's my first thought. When I go to school, when I'm trying to think in class, and even when I come home and sleep. I would never want to admit it, but I even dreamed of him when I sleep.

I try hard not to get distracted by him in school, but all that effort does nothing when I come back home. There's nothing that would make me happier than talking to him.

I carefully and painfully took the hair-tie out of my hair, groaning in pain n the process. I quickly tied my hair into a bun and walked into the bathroom. I hated how tired I have to be in the morning. Why cant I just get out of bed like a spring and be as hyper as a person with a sugar rush.

But no... I had to wake up like a zombie, groaning and banging into things as I walked around.

I finished my daily routine of brushing my teeth, taking a shower, and getting dressed in about half an hour, like usual, and walked down the stairs with my phone in my hands.

As I poured the Cheerios and milk in my bowl, I heard something vibrate on the marble counter in the kitchen. Without even looking at the Caller ID, I answered the call while stuffing food into my mouth.

"Hewo?" I mumbled with food stuffed in my mouth. God, I can't get enough of this cereal...

"Canary, are you stuffing food in your mouth?" Tiger chuckled. I gulped the food and blushed.

"How did you know?" I asked and drank up the milk at the end.

"Well, why would your voice sound muffled at this time in the morning?" He asked. "I mean, you usually wouldn't oversleep; that's not really you. You usually eat at this time. At least that's what you tell me." My mouth dropped to the floor when he said that.

"It's getting really creepy that you know a lot more about me than I thought you do." I chuckled nervously.

"That's what happens if you're really observant." I adjusted my sweatshirt as I walked to the doorway.

"That's still really creepy." He chuckled again. I slipped on my socks and shoes and walked out of the doorway, walking to the bus stop.

"So... how are you feeling after last night?" I smiled.