Clashes

※※※※※

No answer.

Namjoo put the phone down. Concern intensified. Impulsively grabbing her bag, she called out to Chaeri, "I'm going to Sehun's." and scurried out the door.

Today was the day. That was why she'd left Sehun to be alone with Seulbi. She had always seen how much he loved her. Adoring his daughter every second of the day. Constantly making sure there was food on the table for her. Giving her the freedom to enjoy herself while also disciplining her to be a good person.

Sehun had really done his best by himself.

All on his own and the mere thought of that made her very sad for him.

Swerving into the parking lot, Namjoo scrambled out of the car nearly tripping on her way up the sidewalk. Then forgetting she had left her keys hanging in the ignition ran back to the vehicle to yank them out and slammed the door shut. Finally running up the rest of the walk to Sehun's door, she rang the bell. Once and twice impatiently.

"Sehun!" She knocked on the door for extra measure. He had to be in. It was the weekend. He would have nowhere else to be. Knocking again, "Sehun!"

She tried the knob. It was locked. Namjoo knocked again. Stepping back when the door opened and saw the pain in his face.

"They left." His voice cracked.

Immediately embracing his broken form, Namjoo held him tightly. Unsure anything she did now would be able to make him feel better even if she loved him so much.

"Have you eaten?" Was the first thing she questioned when she was let in and Sehun sunk at the table, head drooping.

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled.

Namjoo pulled out ingredients from his fridge instead and searched for a pan. "You have to eat. It's not the time to be weak right now. If you want to get Seulbi back, you need to have some strength."

Switching the stove on she started on something quick and easy. Five minutes and she slid a warm plate in front of him, but Sehun just sniffed as tears fell.

"Do you think I'm a bad father?" he asked. "She was crying when I forced her to go. Seulbi must hate me."

Pained for him, Namjoo pulled the nearby chair out and sat facing him. "You're not a bad father. Everyone tries their best, but today you had no choice. It's not your fault and I'm sure that Seulbi understands that."

She touched his hand; the least she could do.

"She never wanted Seulbi," he told. "Haewon wanted to get rid of her. It was me who forced her to have Seulbi. Am I wrong? Is this my fault?"

"I believe you did the right thing," Namjoo comforted. "You gave Seulbi a chance. You gave her your best. She's got nothing but the best." Letting go of his hand, she dug into her purse. "Here, I have something for you."

Placing a white envelope in his hand she pressed a palm atop it to ensure he held onto it instead of attempting to return it.

"Seulbi has so much life in her. Don't think of the bad times, Sehun. Seulbi is always so happy she's always laughing. Every day is a joy for her because she has you to fall back on. Out of everyone in this whole wide world, you're her favorite person. Dad this, dad that." Namjoo gently smiled. Heat welled in her eyes when tears dripped down his face. "It's from my savings. Use it to help look for a lawyer. Let's bring Seulbi home."

Gritting his teeth, he released a short cry surprising her when he abruptly hugged her, muffling sobs into her shoulder.

※※※※※