[ Chapter Twenty-five]

{3 Months Later}

{3 Months Later}

"Jungkook! Get up or you'll be late for work!" You screamed from the kitchen, quickly finishing up his plate. You had woken up early to make his breakfast on time, placing it on the counter.

You took your cup of coffee and sipped a bit of the warm liquid, humming as it warmed you up. "I'm coming!" You heard him exclaim with a sleepy voice.

You chuckled softly, shaking your head as he stumbled into the kitchen in hurry even though he still had an hour before leaving.

He glanced at the clock in worry, only to see it was 7AM instead of 8AM, the hour he usually left for work. "Oh, come on! I still had 30 minutes to sleep!" He exclaimed.

"You need to learn to wake up earlier. That way you won't have to hurry out." You said, passing beside him and pecking his cheek before heading to the dining table.

You started gathering some dishes from last night you had left there, having had guests over. Jimin, Leah, Hoseok, and Taehyung had come to visit.

"Why don't you stay in bed until I wake up?" He whispered when he embraced you from behind, his chin resting on your shoulder.

"Because if I did, you would be starving when you head to the gym." You whispered back, placing the plates and utensils all together.

In the past 3 months, life had been good to the both of you. Jungkook found a job in the 1st month. You were able to start your small business at home as well.

You finished furnishing the house and managed to decorate it to both of your styles. He was a gym trainer, teaching kids and adults defense skills.

You usually helped others with web designing, while also selling custom t-shirts, make-up, and more beauty products.

Jungkook pulled away with a groan, staring up at the ceiling. "You're going to murder me someday." He said. You chuckled at his words, carrying the plates and utensils to the sink, beginning to load the dishwasher beside it.

"Deal with it." You simply replied.

You squealed when he picked you up from behind and spun you around, making you laugh loudly. "Deal with it?! I'll show you what you have to deal with!" He said.

"Nooo!" You exclaimed, chuckling when he put you down and began tickling you. You both froze when the doorbell rang, "Korean police! Is anyone home?" You looked at Jungkook with wide eyes.

You patted his chest as a sign for him to stay there, heading out of the kitchen and to the front door. "Hello, officers. What's wrong?" You asked in a slightly broken Korean.

Jungkook had been teaching you.

"Hello. We are looking for Y/n. Is it you?" The officer asked. At the mention of them looking for you, you gulped nervously. You nodded hesitantly, lifting your arm behind the door and signaling Jungkook to stay put, hearing him step forward.

"Yes, it's me. Is something wrong?" You asked, your heart beating loudly against your chest. "Yes, ma'am. It seems your father was found dead. We were informed by the authorities in the US." The police officer said.

You gasped softly, trying to act hurt even though you were present when Jungkook killed him. Tears clouded your eyes and trailed down your cheeks. Even though you were acting, the tears were real, you felt the pain of your father being gone forever.

"Do you... Do you have any suspects?" You asked, crossing your arms over your chest and hugging yourself. The officer pulled his phone out, showing you a picture. "It's this man. Do you know him?" He asked.

It was the man that shot you, the one that kept insulting Jungkook and saying he was useless for saving you instead. "Yes. I do. He shot me once." You replied, showing your gunshot wound that was healed.

"Hello, is everything okay?" Jungkook asked as he walked to your side, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "Oh, yes. We were just informing Miss Y/n of her father's passing." The officer said, heaving a sigh.

"Well, we will take our leave. We will have a police car patrol this road every day to keep you both safe. He might be coming back after you." He said, bowing his head before heading to his car with his coworker.

You and Jungkook sighed in relief, looking at each other before closing the door. "That was close." You said once the door was closed. "I know. Do you want me to stay today? I can take the day off." He said, taking your hands in his.

"No, it's alright. I'll just stay here and lock the doors. I'll work in my office and stuff." You replied, smiling at him. He smiled back and kissed your forehead, heaving a sigh.

"If anything happens, you call me instantly and I'll be here in a snap." He said.