𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

when i wake up again, i'm not at lara jean's anymore

when i wake up again, i'm not at lara jean's anymore. i look around to see that i'm back in the house that i've using as my own.

i head downstairs and see my other mother baking in the kitchen. i greet with her a hug because i have a weird feeling that i can't really explain. she immediately hugs me back and i squeeze her tighter.

"what are you doing?" i ask her as i think about how i miss my real world mom.

"i'm baking your favorite pie."

"wait, really?"

"french silk pie."

i pull away from the hug with the largest smile on my face because somehow au me still shares my favorite flavor of pie. i call it falling in love pie because it's how i think falling in love feels like.

i grab 2 plates from the cabinet and 2 spoons from the silverware drawer. i like using spoons better as forks have slits where the pie can seep through.

i'm about to eat my first bite when the doorbell rings. i look to the front entrance to see who it is, but i just see the silhouette.

"are you going to get that, tala?"

"okay." i take the bite and head over to the door."

i pull the curtain on the video to the side a bit to see daniel james. we make eye contact. i put the curtain back in place and back away from the door.

"hi tala!" his muffled voice calls from outside the house.

i say nothing and hope that he goes away. i crouch down, falling into cross-cross applesauce position. i bury my face in my hands because i can't see daniel james, then he's not there.

theoretically.

"can i talk to you, tala?" he calls out again.

"are you going to uh... get that?" i look up and spin around to see my other mother. i shake my head.

"do you want me to open the door for you? maybe say that you're not here or that you're sick?" mom loudly whispers to me.

"thanks, but he already saw me." i loudly whisper back. my head whips back around when daniel james knocks on the door.

"tala! can i please talk to you?"

i gesture to mom to let me handle this. she heads back to the kitchen, but pops her head out from behind the wall. i tighten the scrunchie in my hair and head to the door.