Prologue

Dawn's POV

Paris, July 2010

       He was dead. Or at least dying. I pushed through the croud surrounding my brother, Noah, to find him laying on the pavement. He was screaming at the policeman that was trying to get him out of the way. "I'm not getting up until I see my sister!" I felt relieved that he wasn't hurt, but at the same time, I wanted to kill him. "Noah!" I yelled at him, I can't believe I thought he was hurt! "Stop being stupid and do what the POLICE OFFICER says! He could have put you in jail!" Sometimes Noah can be a rebel. Other times, he's just stupid. "Dawn, I told this man I was not getting up until you got here," he said, pointing at the officer, "And I kept my word. So I layed here until you arrived." "That's another thing, why on Earth are you on the pavement in the middle of the park? Why couldn't you move over 7 inches to the grass where you can't get yelled at by policemen?" I could tell by the look on his face that he hadn't thought of that possibility. "Noah Winters you are an idiot." He looked at me with the most goofy smile I have ever seen come from his face."Dawn Winters you are the best younger sister ever." I smiled back. After I helped him up and apologized to the officer, we walked home.

        While we walked away, I could see the policeman watching us leave the park. I suddenly thought I've seen him before, the way he was watching us, seemed familiar. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. As we continued walking, I saw a woman with her child. Both os them stared at us as we walked passed, the same way the officer stared when we left the park. I became a little more curious in what was going on, but, once again, pushed the thought to the back of my mind. Noah was saying something, but I wasn't listening. Every time I pushed back those thoughts, someone else stared at us. It was impossible not to think about it.

               I thought about who the cop was over dinner and I dreamt about him that night. I told Noah about the man. "You're just imagining things," he said."It's all in your head. Don't worry about it." All I could say was, "I'm trying too."

        That was 4 months ago, and I still can't forget to this day.