Once upon a drunken night

"American airlines flight MBJ to LAX now disembarking." the receptionist spoke into the intercom.

"Mamá!" I saw a latino man bellow from a good distance.

"Mijó!" Mrs Zareef embraced her possibly middle-aged son. Even as an onlooker you could tell that they're bond as mother and son was strong.

I began to feel quite nostalgic for my own mother's embrace......

"Chaz, this is the darling hermosa chica que conoci en el Avion." Thank God I did not sleep through Spanish class back in high school

"Mamí recuerda que no estamos en Cuba; algunas personas pueden setirse ofendidas when you don't speak to them in their language." her son explained to his mother

"Lo siento... I mean I'm sorry" she looks as if she stole from me; it was too adorable.

"Esta bien. Sé lo suficiente no worries." I smiled at them. The shock on their faces was so hilarious.

"It was lovely meeting you Mrs Zareef; You as well Chaz, your mother was a true delight." I said getting ready to leave the airport.

" I pray the Lord grants you his peace; and he blesses you with a love that knows no bounds." she said holding my hand in hers.

I love random moments like these they remind me of how truly beautiful life can be.

"Thank you, but I would be the luckiest woman in the world if I find half of the love which you and Jessé had." I waved to her as we went or separate ways.

I finally made my way out of LAX about to call a cab when I see a bright yellow sign which is decorated with 'KATTY BATTY' in bold letters covered in purple glitter.

Have mercy on my soul.

"Am I to assume, you are the one who made that monstrosity William? Weren't you an art major in a past life? I see you have lost your touch." I say stopping in front of him.

"Haha very funny pipsqueak. Come and give your big bro a hug." His arms wide and welcoming.

I couldn't help myself Will always gave the best hugs. I allowed his warmth to envelope me.

"Come on, I don't need your sister to be blowing up my phone believing we both got kidnapped." he explained opening the door and putting my bags in the trunk.

"Aren't you guys married? So shouldn't she be the only one blowing up your phone? Or is there something you aren't telling me." I throw a suggestive look his way.

We drive out of the entrance onto the main road. I love L.A's scenary it always reminded me of happier times.

"No you weirdo, I would be stalk raving mad to not crave Caitlyn in every aspect of the word." He smiled.

"It's just sometimes I'd rather she blow something else of mine that isn't my phone." he smirked.

I could feel the bile rising.

I did not need to know that.

I mean I know we're close, but I really do not need to know what happens behind closed door with these two.

"You're the one who asked. Aside from that how's everything? It's almost as if we rarely talk with me getting the promotion at the law firm and you having to move back to Jamaica trying to keep your parents restaurant from be-"

"Don't!" I cut him off.

"Please Dre... That's the last thing I want to hear about on this compulsory vacation your wife is making me take." I eased back into my seat trying to not relapse into a state of depression.