-Chapter 4

The rest of the ride was a blur, I tried to get a good look at which streets we were passing but my brain was working overtime. My face was blank, I couldn't let them see how nervous I really was, because I was actually sweating bullets. Then the voice of Cabe broke the silence "We're here."  when I looked out of the window I saw how we drove into what seemed like a heavily secured parking garage with government owned vehicles. Looked quite fancy.
Once they parked they told me to just be quiet and not ask any questions, which was hard as I was now equally nervous as curious. I took in everything in, everything I saw, everything I smelled, even if the hallways we walked through all had the scent of 'new' I couldn't describe it.
The building the garage was attached to seemed to be a maze, I was disoriented, but I was guessing which way we would go next. But then the trip came to an abrupt end when Cabe pulled me into a relatively spacious room with only some dimmed lights and a large table with chairs situated around it. It looked like either a large interrogation room or a very depressing conference room. Cabe motioned me to sit down on one of the chairs and I quietly obeyed, I wasn't in any position to say no or throw a tantrum on what the hell was going on. Well I could throw a tantrum but i'm not five years old, that would just be embarrassing. Sitting down in a strategic place could give me a good look of the room without having to turn my head a lot.
From the seat I was sitting in I could see something in the corner which was reflecting some light from the dimmed lights, best guess a camera, wasn't surprising. My only issue was now that it was confirmed I was being watched I couldn't just do whatever I wanted, being watched made me uncomfortable on so many levels, this was somehow worse than giving a presentation in front of a class.
In class I could at least see who was watching me.
The door opened, Cabe looked at me and I knew something was about to happen, but the moment my lips parted to ask what another man stepped inside from behind him to take a seat on one of the chairs next to me. Cabe looked at me and chuckled lightly seeing my obvious confusion to the situation.
"What is it Robins? I'll be right back with the paperwork, you two talk or something, you might have something in common."
I looked at the man sitting a few chairs away from me, I said man, but now that I looked for a little longer I could see he was around my age, maybe a little bit older. His raven black hair was tied in a small man bun on the back of his head as some shorter strands of hair just kind of fell on the sides of  his face. His cheekbones were prominent and I followed the line of his jaw before I noticed how blatantly obvious I was looking at him. Was this the moment I should just say something?
I cleared my throat and with a monotonous voice the words left my lips "So, what are you here for?"
The boy looked up from staring at the table and seemed a little surprised I was speaking to him.
He shrugged before answering with a sheepish smile "Probably for hacking? I don't know." Cool he was here for the same reason, though the 'probably' made it seem like he had done more illegal things.
"Same...I don't want to seem nosy but can I ask how old you are?" I asked carefully and tilted my head a little. He smiled a little again, I don't know if he just smiled easily or was so nervous he couldn't help it.
I guessed option two. "I'm nineteen, you?"
He answered and fiddled with a pen he had pulled from somewhere in his denim jacket.  "I'm eighteen."
I said and after the short echo of my voice the silence took over again. I wasn't uncomfortable and I just watched how the boy twirled the pen effortlessly between his fingers. I realized I didn't even ask for his name, and I think it was too late to still ask without sounding stupid.
The door opened again and Cabe walked in with a ring binder full of papers. It was one thick binder.
Cabe adjusted his sleeves as he sat down on a chair in which he could make eye contact with me and the boy and he leaned forward clearing his throat before saying "It's time to get serious kids, you two may be the only ones who can help us prevent a coup."

( Hi guys! i'm sorry this chapter is shorter, I have some things going on irl rn which are annoying, but not anything to be concerned over :] the next chapters will be longer like the previous ones, I just really wanted this chapter to be out before it would take weeks to be published, I hope you understand. For now thank you for still reading this story, stay safe! with love, Jina. )