Intro: Ron's fatal mistake

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter belongs to JK Rowling

I own only OCs and Plot.

The Golden trio consists of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. They currently are sneaking through the dark, wide, and quiet halls of the Ministry of Magic. Why you may ask? Well, at the age of 17 they were the top three Undesirables, which is quite impressive, if not for the situation at hand. Using the invisibility cloak they entered the dreary halls of the Department of Mysteries, passing by the gigantic room filled with cloudy globes which brought some bad memories for Harry. The trio crept into the room cluttered with an abundance of scattered muggle clocks, placed haphazardly in every which way. If Mr. Weasley were to see them he would be filled with wonder and pride, immediately rushing to inspect them. "Remind me why we are here Mione," whined Ron quietly.

    "Well Ronald, I don't see why I must explain this to you for the third time in a row!" replied Hermione in an annoyed tone. While the couple was arguing Harry takes a moment to look at the clocks. There were digital clocks, alarm clocks, hand watches they were all different but any wizard or witch could tell they all had one thing in common. There was magic just oozing off the clocks, dark and light magic both. Harry walked up to the clock which was hidden in the back which he would have probably glazed over if he was not observant enough. Harry was honestly confused about why that was the only clock that was hidden and which looked much older than the other clocks. It could be considered ancient. The closer he moved towards the Once the teen took a better look at the clock he noticed that options to change the day and month on the front but once he looked at the back he noticed there was an option for the change of years! This must be the one Dumbledore wanted us to look for! Harry had felt pride in accomplishing the goal without any mishaps! It must be recorded...of one adventure with no problems.

    "Guys look I found the clock." cried Harry happily.

    "Ronald this is the final time I will explain this to you! The plan was that Harry will go back in time before V-volde-mort heard the prophecy and make sure Vo-volde-mort does not kill Harry thus stopping him from Harry becoming a Horcrux. While also destroying his Horcruxes!," ranted Hermione. She was practically overflowing with the annoyance of Ron's and persistent questions.

    "I get that Mione but why does Harry have to go by himself. We always do this together for Merlin's sake." protested Ron persistently like always.

    "Ron where were you when I faced Quirrel? Or when I had a basilisk trying to kill me plus a psychotic 16-year-old. When Riddle was being resurrected and Cedric died where were you?!" yelled Harry. "And we can not forget when Siri-sirius died." his voice cracked the moment he uttered his late godfather's name. Ron stepped back the moment Sirius was mentioned. The conversations which mention Sirius always go sour. Once the green-eyes boy noticed Ron's look of fear and lack of spiders he immediately noticed it was his fault. "Sorry, Ron I don't know what possessed me to blame you for that."

           Ron though he was as stiff as before shakily replied "It's alright mate, I have been a git to you before also." Hermione was still inspecting the clock and she carefully shifted the numbers so they lined up to 22 years, 2 months, and 9 days which would take Harry to June 24, 1974, which is about 6 years before Voldemort heard the prophecy. 

    "You will need to keep spinning the wheel until you reach there, once the coordinates are fixed and the clock is activated you can not change that destination. It will bring you back to this time after 10 years, not timeline because the changes you make in the past affect the future so by the time you come back things will be different hopefully without Voldemort here but, whatever you bring to the past with you will not change. Are you ready to go Harry?" He grabbed his dad's trusty invisibility cloak, pictures of his friends, parents, and Sirius. The bespectacled boy determinedly stood up straight trying to ignore the sinking feeling that something would go wrong. Maybe it was just one of his Potter senses?

    "I am as ready as I'll ever be!" answered Harry dutifully. Harry knew he was not going to throw away his shot at saving everyone.
Ron was still being his normal self and fiddling with the numerous clocks in his hands. Hermione was just a mere millisecond from activating it and Ron being Ron dropped one of the clocks, which caused him to trip. His elbow hit the year bottom and increased the number! In the split-second, no one could see what it changed to because by then Harry was spiraling out of his time. He only faintly heard Hermione screaming "RONALD!".

AN: Hello, I have been reading fanfiction for a long time but just started to write, I welcome all criticism as long as it is constructive criticism. Thank you for reading! And don't forget to vote and comment please!