Chapter 1

"One, two. Calamazoo." She counted off in her head. One more minute, and the world would fly off its hinges. One more minute until it happens. "One more minute, one more minute..." Time was always a consistency of one more minute. Minute by minute, the Earth spins at 63,000 miles per hour, so fast you can't even feel it. What if you could?
What if you could feel the pulse of 7 billion hearts beating at once? That would be impossible for any normal human.
But she wasn't normal. Nothing was ever normal in her head.
One. More. Minute.
She had been counting by "one more minutes" for an hour. But every hour consists of 60 minutes, therefore one more minute being every other minute. That's all she was, what anybody was. One more minute till the Earth explodes. One more minute till humans split the atom. One more minute until all life is wiped from the face of all existence.
One more minute until we die.
What if that was the case? If we all had only one minute to live? If we could see the days of our lives pressed together like the pages of a book, all the memories, good and bad, everything, in just one minute? What then?
You can do countless of numbers of things in one minute. An optimist would say that "anything is possible, no matter how little time." Retards.
A pessimist would say "screw this minute. I'm about to die. We're all about to die. Who cares about one flipping minute?"
Any idiot would believe that "no life is possible in just one minute. That's-that just can't happen."
But where did life begin? From the first tick of a geologic clock, life began. And one day, life will end. But the clock keeps on ticking. "One more minute, one more minute..." Everything has to start somewhere. It always has, and it always will.
That's what a genius would think.
That's all geniuses ever do. Think. They are always thinking, their brain going a million miles. minute.
There's that term again; "minute." So overused, but never a cliche. Still, there she was counting. Always counting. Counting by the minute.
And all of this had just occurred to her in one single minute.

She was a genius, no doubt about it. But how much of a genius? There are geniuses in every category imaginable. There are geniuses of archaeology, geniuses of medicine, geniuses of time, and so on and so on and so on.
Anyone can be a genius. In fact, everyone is. What made her special was that she wasn't a genius in anything. Yet she was the single most brightest kid anyone had ever met.
If you can call her a kid. She was more of a mutated psychopath, as some would call her. But truthfully, nobody ever called her anything. They just referred to her as "her," and everyone naturally knew who she was. Even her own parents were scared of her extreme mental abilities.
Some desperate people might even call her inhuman.
Her name. No one public even knew her name, or bothered to find out what it was. She was home schooled, if you're wondering about school rosters and such. But there wasn't much schooling ever done. As you were told, her parents are frightened by her mere addition skills.
It is said that she could walk at 5 months old, talk like a normal adult at age one, and count to one million by the time she was three. All of her results on IQ tests have been blown off the test sheet. There isn't even a test that measures an IQ that high, because no one has ever scored as high as she has. At least no one known. Humans tend to be extremely secretive, even though they're always bursting with new information. It's a very strange thing, the human mind. No one can really comprehend it.

Except her.
And only her.