Chapter 2

"She needs therapy."

What she needed therapy for though was undecided. She knew she was different, that much was obvious. But why? Why couldn't anyone just accept that she was clever and move one?

But she was more than just clever, and no one would ever accept something that different. That's human nature. They don't like change.

Her mother was in the doctor's office with her, but hardly spoke a single word. Like any mother, she just wanted to know if her baby girl was alright. Even if she was terrified of her.

"Why? Even if a professional gave her therapy, there's no telling it would help. We both know that there is hardly anyone in this world that is as gifted and intelligent as she is. She would just get bored," her mother stated.

The doctor man sighed. "Yes, that's the problem, but she needs counseling and development. Her intelligence is of no use if she's not using it properly."

Now that set her mother off.

"PROPERLY?" her mom yelled, agitated.

"How can she have a PROPER way to use her brain? How can anyone? Don't you DARE tell me how my daughter can and cannot think!" Her mother was screaming now, standing up and all in the doctor's face. And she was just sitting there.

"You can't tell me that her brain isn't PROPER you bastard!" Her mother was so red in the face, she could've passed perfectly as a tomato.

This amused her. "Mom, just leave it! It doesn't matter." But it did. And that got them to shut up. It was a miracle whenever anyone got her to speak. "Oh aren't ordinary people adorable..." she thought to herself.

Since no honest to god human ever spoke to her, she always enjoyed carrying on mental conversations with herself. It prevented her from getting too bored. They weren't all the "devil versus the angel sitting on your shoulder" type of debate like you see I. cartoons. No, her mental chats were more like her present self interacting with with her past and future selves, if that's possible. Of course it is. Anything is possible in your brain.

Imagination, the one key trait that fuels the human empire. It doesn't take talent, or skill. Well, some people have more brains and imagination than others, but that doesn't make them any less important than those who do.

And again, this was her head in just under one minute. Always bursting with thoughts and ideas.

Now both calmed down from their little squabble, the doctor man and her mother started another dull adult conversation.

"Now, ma'am. You know her IQ is more than just satisfactory, but she really needs enrichment. She can't just sit around for the rest of her life thinking of what happens to her." They were both quiet for awhile. It was her who again broke the silence.

"Nothing happens to me."