Lily One Shot 1

Dawn x Adrian

Thunderous dark clouds marched over the glass jungle closely followed by the cool atmosphere which surely didn't help the tense working atmosphere. It had been so long since the two had much communication anymore, much less one which didn't end in yelling. It had become rather obvious to everyone that the wedding and everything else had put a lot of stress on them both.

Yawning, she thought 'How could one do this all day' her gaze lazily lingering on the paper piles.

"Don't push yourself, ...my room's right there if you're tired" Adrian dryly said. Dawn grinned, silently cursing herself, pouting her cheeks she sarcastically replied.

"Why must you always treat me like a child!"

"Because you always act like one" he smirked, Adrian didn't even look at her face to know he had hit a nerve.

"Yeah right," She yawned relaxing into the cold atmosphere for a moment.

'It's too quiet' He thought. A smile came to his face at the sight of a sleeping Dawn cuddling closer into the silk chair. She truly was his most precious gem. However, he grimaced at the sight, now noticing how loose her once fitted gown now graced her body, gently caressing her slightly scrawny hand. He flinched at his thought, no matter how hard he tried, it seemed no matter what he did, Dawn's life would always be an unfair waiting game. Grasping her hand tightly as the worst of the worst ran through his head. Failure-No, he hadn't tried everything, sure she would hate him more liking hate herself for what he was about to do however as King he was expected to put his peoples' needs before his own but couldn't he be selfish just this once, even if it wasn't everything he wished for, all he needed was for her to stay alive, nothing more. Adrian felt the smile return to his face as he saw the peaceful smile which had graced her peach lips, how he longed to kissed her lips while being lost in her midnight hues but as always she'd pushed her limits and needed the rest. She was a fighter but how long could she keep going, one's will could only go so far. Gently pushing her dark locks to the side, he softly carried her to his bed. Fond memories of their happy childhood, falling asleep in the same bed slowly returned as he laid her in the blue satin sheets. Sadly those happy days had passed on and they were where they are now almost strangers.

"Where did we go wrong?" He whispered softly, placing a soft kiss on her forehead he rose.

"If only things were different, ......maybe then."