setting a (SMART) goal!

setting goals will help you with school and everyday life.

a goal can be anything you want: it can do with home life,school , friends, relationships'...and more.A great way to write a goal is to make it a SMART goal!

whats a SMART goal?

A SMART goal is a format to help with setting a goal!

SMART stands for:

S)specific

M)measurable 

A) attainable 

R)reward/relevance 

T)time bound

In order to set a SMART goal you have to start small: think of it as starting with a broad subject and narrowing it down with each letter.

ex: I want to get a better grade

this is an example of a poorly set goal...but it can be made into a SMART goal. 

start with specific

What : what do you want a better grade in?

what grade do you want to get?

what will you do to get that grade?

next measure your progress towards that goal.

HOW:how can i tell i'm getting a better grade?

what:can i do to get a better grade?

now the goal should look like this : I want to get an A in geometry I will do this by studying and getting homework problems correct.

then think : is it attainable ?

your probably thinking "what does that mean?"

for a goal to be attainable  it should be something  you can do not what you wish to do.

for example setting a goal where you want to live on the moon is not attainable , however setting a goal where you want to learn about space travel is.

reward/relevance:

what is the reason you set this goal and what is the outcome of its completion?

time bound: set a time limit and specific date to complete the goal by, make sure you give yourself time to complete it and to set another goal(maybe you want to get into advanced classes)

now that we know SMART our goal looks like this: I will get a B in geometry by getting my homework done and  turned in on time for the next 3 weeks my reward will be my grades improvement.