Escape (jay's POV)

As I walked out of the crowning ceremony and to my room to change, I felt a minor buzzing feeling in my mind. Like someone was going through my memories. But they weren't. I was looking through Alexa's memories... but how?! It's not part of my powers.... right? I came across something that maybe i shouldn't have seen. Something that could help me fight agains her...
The past is in the past... do I really want to bring it up again..?

I walked to her room and knocked softly, hearing sobs from inside.
"W-who is it...?" I heard the muffled voice of Alexa from inside. I knew in an instant that she had been crying.

I walked in and wrapped my arms around her, tightly and she froze.
"J-Jayla...? Wha-What're you doing here....?" She asked, her voice threatening to crack.
"Oh Alexa.... what's wrong...?" I asked, soothing her hair and ignoring her question.
She didn't answer me but she buried her head in my shoulder, crying.
She finally looked up at me, her eyes bloodshot, her cheeks red and her lower lip trembling.
"They're...." she began but couldn't bring herself to finish her sentence as the black ash sifted through her fingers onto the bed.

I hugged her tightly.
"They're d-dead... My parents... They're dead...." She said in a whisper.

There was a note, stapled to the notice board in her room. The notice board was covered in concert posters, school certificates, pictures of pop stars and case studies on them, and family photos of Alexa with her family; her brother, her mother, her father and someone else... a young girl... she looks to be around six maybe seven years old. Alexa noticed the note, finally. And she walked towards it, almost drawn to it.
She read it and stopped crying.
She walked to a glass case and in it laid a single katana. She opened the case and carefully took out the sheathed katana. She grabbed a black outfit and went to the bathroom to change.
She emerged, the katana strapped to her back in its sheath. She looked at me and then walked out. I went after her but then she disappeared....