Chapter 2: The Town of The Northern Hunters

Nicholas had to admit, it had some time since he last visited a crowded place like the town. He simply had to go to the market, get essentials, and get out. "A quick trip, a quick trip, a quick trip," Nicholas had to keep repeating the words just to avoid a mental breakdown. The sheer anxiety he felt in that moment was unmatched by anything he had ever felt before aside from the few moments he remembered of his parents death, which was simply fire. One wrong move and Argon grows into a full sized dragon and with a name like the Town of The Northern Hunters he knew they wouldn't escape. "Do I have my money?, What if they don't accept gold anymore?, What if they question a boy and a wolf traveling together? I mean I know its common to keep wolves as pets but still?" he whispered to Argon. Argon barked back in a manner that Nicholas knew as just stay quiet for now. They went down to the market.

"Yes hello I would like some fruit please I have gold so do not worry I can pay for everything I just need a little fruit for my food and this is my dog Argon he is a good dog nothing suspicious about him or me I just need some fruit" Nicholas said in a shaken manner. He did not often talk to other people. 

"Alright alright kid calm down pick which ever ones you want don't give me your whole life story" the man said in a deep and sort of annoyed voice. Nicholas quickly gathered the materials and supplies and was on his way back to the woods when he was struck by misfortune. He saw Argon's fur start to disappear.

"This shouldn't be happening I made the right amount I made sure of it." Nicholas thought. The truth was that Argon couldn't handle the taste and in the end only drank a portion of the potion. As he began to grow Nicholas' heart sank. The entire town saw him and Argon, in the split second he saw archers take aim, this was not good. "QUICKLY" Nicholas shouted and off the two went deep into the forest, they flew back to their home. By the time they made it back the night was pitch black. No one could have followed them in this darkness, they left no tracks high in the sky. Argon blended into the night sky. He was sure that no one could have followed him. It was an uneasy sleep that night, in the morning they would travel further north.