21

i just finished writing 6tbb...and the word count is 94,457. phew. this is a short one, but the last four chapters will be long <3

*

"Are we still going to your dad's beach house this summer?"

Sanders groans, bringing a hand over his eyes. "Mm."

"Mm, yes? Or mm, shut up, I don't want to torture myself seeing Becks again in a bikini?" Rosen asks carefully, rubbing the towel slung over his neck against his wet hair. Droplets fall on Sanders's forehead. "Gotta say, dude. All her boxing pays off. I almost choked when I saw her abs."

"Shut it," Sanders snaps, sitting upright. He glares at him, and Rosen raises his palms in surrender. "You want me to tell Adan about you talking about Becks's abs?"

"From an athlete to another athlete, brother," Rosen says, bringing his palm to his heart. "Swear to God."

"One more word about Becks's body and we'll leave you at a gas station."

His friend purses his lips and nods. "Fine."

Sanders huffs and lies back down on the bench. "You can ask Adan to come, too. We'll invite Maxon and Suho."

Rosen raises an eyebrow and sits next to him. "Maxon? What happened to wanting him to leave your house?"

"He helps with rent and pays on time, what's not to like?" Sanders crosses his arms over his chest. "Plus, he's a really good cook—he'll keep us fed during our stay. Speaking of food, I'm hungry." He stands and grabs his bag. "Going to the gym, I'll see you tomorrow."

Rosen merely sends him a wave. When Sanders walks in the gym to pick Becks up for lunch, Adan sees him first. She's facing a speed ball. "Hey, Rush!"

Sanders tosses his bag on the bench and sits, smiling at her. "How many more rounds left?"

"Two more," she says, grimacing as she rolls her arm. "I still have a sparring after. Becks is in her fourth. Becks! Your boyfriend is here!"

Clearly, Adan still keeps to her old habits. The whole gym must have heard her, and Sanders rolls his eyes. "I'm not her—"

But Becks is sparring on the floor with her coach. The timer reads two minutes and thirty-nine seconds. "Give me a sec, I have one more round after this," Becks breathes out, punching the mitts with perfect strength, following her coach's every instruction.

And then—for a split second—she switches her gaze to him, gives him a small smile, and then she bends down to dodge an incoming hit from her coach.

"Focus!" he barks, circling around her. And then Becks is back in the game.

Becks has never paid him attention when she's sparring.

Adan grins at him. "You're distracting her, Rush."

Sanders blinks. "Oh. Ah, I've never...before."

"You're shirtless."

Right. He is. His shirt is on his shoulder, and it's so fucking hot, and—Becks just...smiled at him during her sparring session. Like she's happy to see him.

Sanders's heart speeds up as he keeps his eyes on the boxer. Mesmerizing, her thinks. Quick on her feet, powerful punches. Becks thinks she looks ugly when she's punching—like she's concentrating too hard—but like this. Even like this—sweaty, flushed red, panting for breath, baby hairs strewn all over her forehead and face, ones that didn't make into her ponytail, even as she's wearing an XXL shirt and basketball shorts—Sanders hears those bells once again.