•6•

dymond reign carter

dymond reign carter

tuesday
july 16th, 2019

me and kay walked sluggishly through the door of our condo, practically falling on the floor. it's now 3:00pm, and we're just now getting in the house.

we just came from a week long trip in turks and caicos, thanks to our sisters. i guess ma and pops told them we didn't wanna do shit, so they insisted- no, demanded, that we come.

"i could cry, that's how tired i am." kay whined. "fuck it, i'll take a shower when i wake the fuck up. goodnight sissy." she says to me, walking in her room.

i yawn, "same, and goodnight." i reply going into my room. i throw my sweats and sweatshirt off, leaving me in my undergarments, and jump in my bed. "my beddd." i whine. i'm not even gonna wrap my hair, i'm taking them out anyway.

i get comfortable, plug my phone in, then turn around to go to bed. good thing i have those blackout shades, because the sun would be my worst enemy right about now.

of course, to my luck, JUST as i rub my feet together and close my eyes, my phone rings.

i groan and mentally remind myself to put my phone back on do not disturb. i turn around and pick it up without even looking at the name, "helloooo." i say all groggy like.

"ewwwww." sharife scrunches up his face. "miss attitude, yuck." he says in his best girl voice.

i was too tired to even try and laugh. "rife, i am tired dawg."

"when was the last time you slept?" he asked sounding a bit serious.

"uhh, the day before yesterday. yea, that night." i say basically forcing myself to remember.

"dymond. now why did-"

i groan loudly "ughh, i don't knowww, but i'm tired nowww!" i whine hoping he would either hang up, or shut up so i could go the fuck to sleep.

"aight mama, ima let you sleep, but call me as soon as you wake up."

"yea yea peace." i say damn near slurring my words and hanging up. i put my phone on what i thought was my dresser, until i heard it hit my carpet. honestly, i don't even care, as long as it's still on the charger.

*****
wednesday
july 17th, 2019

i groan and roll over stretching- and i mean one of those good stretches when your body starts to shake. i look around blinking a couple times, realizing that it's light outside. which can only mean one of two things; it's the evening of the same day, or it's the next day.

i reach for my phone on my dresser, remembering that i dropped it.

i groaned and picked it up checking the date.

yup, it's definitely the next day. 6:13am to be exact.

i get up to my feet stretching once more, then going to do my hygiene.

*****

when i get out, i go into kay's room to see if she's awake.

to my luck, she is.

"ughhhhhh!" i groan and dramatically fall back on kayna's bed.

"girl, i feel you. when did you wake up?" she asked me.

"about 45 minutes to an hour ago. i got up and went straight in the shower. how bout you?" i asked her.

"literally same, except i woke up almost 2 hours ago. i've just been chilling here ever since."

i yawn and nod and go lay next to kay underneath the covers, feeling myself getting drowsy again.

my eyes close for what seem like a split second, because this bitch's phone rang.

"hey boo." she says into the phone.

i'm still gonna try to get some more sleep, who knows when this will happen again with my insomnia having ass.

they continue their conversation, meanwhile my attempt to go to sleep is failing.

"she's right here." i hear her say. "no- hold on, she can't hear you, hold on," she says, and i'm assuming she's taking out her airpods right now, "okay, go head."

"DYMOND!!!!!!!" i heard two loud ass, obnoxious ass, twin voices.

i groan and pull the cover over my head, only for it to be pulled back. "kayna stoppppp!" i whine.

"look at her rife, shaking my head." she put the camera on me.

"didn't i tell you to call me when you woke up?" sharife says.

"boy, i woke up, took a shower, came in here, and tried to go back to sleep. i'm not up yet."

he sucked his teeth "girl please, don't wanna hear it. call me NOW." i'm gonna guess he walked away, because i still didn't open my eyes yet.

after about 5 minutes of failing to sleep, i get up to go and call sharife.

the shit rang 4 times too many, and i was about to hang up; but i felt like he was doing this on purpose.

"boy, now you know damn well you was on your phone." i say when he finally picks up.

"mhm, sure was." he dramatically rolled his eyes.

i chuckled, "you so extra."

he laughed "but nah seriously, what's up mama, how was ya trip?"

"it was fun as fuck to be honest."

"i could tell, y'all stories was long as fuck, and y'all was posting pics back to back." he chuckled, "what did y'all do?" he asked propping his phone up.

"uhh, rode horses in the water, we went parasailing, we went clear canoeing, umm, boat ride, we went to that famous shipwreck, yea some more shit, but you get the picture." i stated. "oh! and the most important one, we got drunk as fuck." i cheesed.

he laughed "gotdamn, y'all was living shit up ong. where was my invite?"

"at the post office."

"hehe haha." he replied doing his infamous sarcastic laugh. "what you got planned for ya birthday?"

"shit." i shrug. "ion wanna do anything."

"don't be boring."

i chuckle, "but when it comes to my birthday, boring is me."

"well just know, next year, when you down in georgia with us- we going up for ya birthday."

"yea aight." i smirk.