7th Pamaskong Handog sa Pamilyang OFWs set Dec. 13-14 in Pasay City

A two-day exposition that will ensure the transformation of a majority of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and their families into entrepreneurs will be held on Dec. 13-14 at the Department of Trade and Industry’s Philippine Trade Training Center in Pasay City, it was announced yesterday by the Pamilyang Overseas Filipino Workers-Small and Medium Entrepreneurs Network Foundation Inc. (Pamilyang OFWs).

Dubbed 7th Pamaskong Handog sa Pamilyang OFWs at MSMEs (micro, small and medium entrepreneurs), the event along with the Handog kay P-Noy Jobs and Livelihood Expo (Part 4) is a one-stop-shop for jobs, livelihood, investment and business opportunities being offered by the private, government and non-government organization (NGO) sectors. 

Pamilyang OFWs president George Arban Arriola said the twin expo is in line with the OFW Month and the 12th International Migrants Day as well as the vision of Pamilyang OFWs to transform OFW families into community entrepreneurs. 

Pamilyang OFWs special projects director Ma. Cristina Garcia said that the twin event will feature a press conference and an open forum, overseas and local jobs fair, free livelihood and business opportunities seminars, free overseas calls, free legal advise, and daily raffle.

Expected to attend the two-day expo sponsored by Manulife Philippines and MIMAROPA (formerly Pamilyang OFWs) Theme Park and Resort are future, vacationing and former OFWs and their families; future, former and present MSMEs and their families; and those involved in the overseas employment and micro, small and medium enterprise industries.

Pamilyang OFWs marketing director Christine Roque said that in a study conducted by Pamilyang OFWs (with website address:http://www.pamilyangofw.com/ and tel. no. 400-60-72), it was shown that a majority of the OFW families have free time and excess money which they can utilize as investment in small business enterprises. What is important, in order for them to succeed, is by giving them vital and useful information which is the role being played since 2002 by Pamilyang OFWs in cooperation with the government, private and NGO sectors.