t r e║t h r e e

a d r i a n n e

My fucking head is killing me.

The blinding lights hit my eyes as they slowly open up. Everything around me is dark except for the fluorescent light hanging out in the ceiling.

The last thing I have a memory of is me dancing with my friends and some men. Other than that I am completely blanked out.

The simple thought of not having a fair justification or a remotely good reason for me ending up alone in a dark room awakes the anxious side of me that I always like to push back.

I prefer to be in control.

My eyes start to wander through the place and when my body tries to make a move, I perceive that my hands are tied up behind the wooden chair I'm seated on. So are my feet.

After acknowledging the gravity of my situation, I opt to scream even though I have a piece of fabric concealing my mouth.

The sound of my voice is muffled by the thick material, but I keep on squealing, screaming, and crying out for help.

"Let me fucking go!" I shout with all I have."You better come get me out of here"

I don't know who I'm exactly demanding it too, but sure as heck, they will have to listen to me.

"Figli di puttana! Faresti meglio a liberarmi adesso" I outcry. {you sons of bitches! you better release me right now!}

Since I hear no sound coming from outside, I try to shake my body, trying to release myself, but all I do is cause the chair to fall to the cold, hard floor.

I yelp when my back hits the ground, "Ah"

I later notice that there is no way I will be able to escape without some kind of assistance.

"You don't fucking know who you're messing with!" I groan out but feeling intense pressure on my tied hands. "Ah, let me out of here!"

A miserable tear threatens to come out but I force it not to roll down my chick bones.

Am I going to die?

The yelling and cold-hearted attitude help me to cast out my anxiety. It's always been my remedy, showing that I care for certain things will only make me soft, and I don't want to be that woman.

Not anymore.

Turns out that having a governor as a father and a moneyed woman as mother sure has a disadvantage. I've learned from a very young age that feelings are the worst enemy you can ever come across in this world.

A brassy sound knocks me out of my thoughts and a blinding light brightens the darkness in this tiny place and it fucking hurts my eyes. I detect the silhouette of a person nearing my direction.

Panic instantly fills up my body, causing it to shake uncontrollably on the floor although I try my hardest to disguise it.

The door closes behind them and as the person approaches, my eyes start to adapt to the lighting and they finally can tell that it is a very muscular man coming in my way.

Shit.

What the fuck is he going to do to me?

Before I could protest, his large hands grip on each leg of the chair, pulling it down to leave it standing as it was supposed to.

Hoping that my heart does not betray me, I take a quick glimpse of his face.

"You're very loud, did you know that?" he says monotonously, his eyes dead.